CHAPTER 8 - WHY AM I PARTICIPATING?

TIME SKIP~

AFTER 2 DAYS~

HERLEY'S POV

I am in my class now and the teacher is teaching but I am in my own deep thoughts.

Why is he not coming from the last 2 days. I haven't seen him after our last conversation as well. I am sad and I don't know why am I feeling that way. Am I missing him? I was out of my thoughts when Mrs. Snell came in.

MS. SNELL- Good morning everyone. So the list of the participants is now here in my hand and I am going to announce the names.

I am not interested in listening to it but I was shocked and looked at the teacher when she took my name in the general knowledge quiz. I stood up~

HERLEY- Excuse me ma'am but there must be an error. I never registered my name for the participation.

MRS. SNELL- But your name is registered here and we selected you as you are the best for it. Now sit down and I will send you the details afterwards.

With that being said she left and I was puzzled about it. Who gave my name because I never volunteered for that?

MEANWHILE~

STEPHEN'S POV

It have been 2 days since I last met her but I could not get any time because of the practice and I might not get to meet her for days now. I am feeling so down today because of sudden thoughts.

TIME SKIP~

THE DAY OF DEPARTURE~

It has been 6 days since I met her and now I am feeling very low and just want to meet her. We have not known each other for so long but her presence makes me calm and happy. She became my source of happiness. I want her by my side every time to just cheer me up. She has somehow become my happy pill. I miss her so much but I wont be able to see her for few more days.

BRANE- Stephen! come now we will be late. Let's leave the court now.

STEPHEN- Coming, brane.

We went towards the bus as Joy is already there waiting for us.

STEPHEN- Are we having our own bus?

BRANE- No, we are sharing it with the quiz participants. Don't worry they are only 4 of them.

STEPHEN- Yeah yea, whatever. let's go now everyone must be there.

We went inside the bus as Brane was in front of me. He sat beside Joy who was waving at him and I had to sit behind their seat. I went behind them and saw a girl with a hood on.

I hope she is not a fangirl. I am tired of them now. I thought and sat beside her.

HERLEY'S POV

I am listening to the music but then I felt someone siting beside me but I did not mind to look at the person and just kept looking out of the window.

TIME SKIP~

The journey is of almost 4 hours and I am suddenly feeling sleepy so I just closed my eyes trying to fall asleep.

STEPHEN'S POV

I was scrolling through my phone, then I suddenly felt some weight on my shoulder. I looked beside and saw HERLEY? What is she doing here? Was she sitting beside me all this time? I was still confused and shocked but felt happy to see near me after almost a week.

She is sleeping and I can see her face clearly as her hoody was off now. She looks so beautiful while sleeping. Her long eyelashes which she hide with her glasses, her smooth and silky and long hair which is now visible as her hood is off her now. I was just staring at her but suddenly I sneezed which made my body move slightly and it woke her up.

She sat straight while rubbing her eyes. I silently chuckled looking at her. Then she looked at me and her eyes widened to see me.

So she also did not knew that I was sitting next to her all this time. I thought and slightly smiled at her.

HERLEY- H-how? She asked still not believing which I found so cute. How are you here?

STEPHEN- Shouldn't I be asking this to you? You said you are not participating so what are you doing here? I asked with raised eyebrows and folded arms, looking at her while squinting my eyes at her.

HERLEY- I don't know. Someone gave my name to the teacher for quiz competition and she just selected me directly. She simply said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

STEPHEN- What do you mean?

HERLEY- It means I did not intend to participate but was just forced. She said and looked at my eyes.

Why do I feel so happy to find her here? I will be with her for almost 3 days. I will surely thank that person personally who recommended her name to the teacher. I thought and looked at her looking at me weirdly as I was smiling unknowingly.

STEPHEN- Well it's good though.

HERLEY- How is it good? I could just sit at a corner and read my novels for the next three days. She whined and I slightly laughed but I made a straight face and seriously told her.

HERLEY'S POV

STEPHEN- You will increase the reputation of our school and we will surely win if you will be there. he said and tugged my hair behind my ear and came closer and looked straight to my eyes. I looked down shyly but he continued. You are intelligent, talented and most of all you are very beautiful to the extent that you took my heart. He said it near my ear and I am blushing red now. He pulled back and looked at other side and I looked out of the window.

What was that? Do he like me? Do. I. like. him.? yes, I do like him but do he really like me or is he just flirting with me. He have so many fangirls behind him. He will never like me. I thought feeling bad for myself and just looked outside the window for the rest of the ride not wanting to interact more with him as the thoughts were killing me.

TIMESKIP~

We reached to our destination and we all stood up to take out bags.

I reached for my bag but someone took it before me from behind and yes, it was Stephen. He took his bag out as well and he went out without saying anything with both of our bags. I just sighed~

Why am I feeling that he really does like me? uhh! I should not think so highly of myself. With that thought I went out of the bus.

***

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I hope you are liking my stories. I will try to give you better results than this :)

Hope you will like, comment and share.

Stephen- They will....I guess!!! hehehe Pls do so...