CHAPTER 18 - AVA?

FEW DAYS LATER~

HERLEY'S POV

It is break time and I am heading towards the terrace to our secret hidden spot. These few days I have been friends with Joy and Brane too. They are quite funny. I think that they think that I am friends with Stephen. I haven't met them much as Stephen don't want it but sometimes we cross paths so we greet each other and talk a bit. They are really nice, I must say Stephen have good friends who take good care of him.

I reached to the terrace and saw something really unexpected. I was not expecting to see this.

Is he cheating on me? They were the thoughts that came after the view I saw in front of me.

Stephen was there back facing me and hugging a girl. A freaking girl. They were so close to each other and they hugged for almost 30 seconds or so. I was so disturbed by the scene and tears started to build in my eyes. Are my eyes getting dilutional? Am I seeing things? Is this real, what I am seeing right now. By now, my face was already covered with painful tears. After they broke the hug, she looked at him lovingly just like I-I do. I can feel that Stephen is happy too. They were starring at each other now. I could not see anymore so I left from there without being noticed by him.

I roughly wipe my tears and went in the cafeteria and start eating my lunch in a corner not minding anyone as I wanted to distract myself from everything I saw. I don't want to interact with anyone as I could not think straight but suddenly I saw 2 seats in my front moving and someone sat there. I looked up and there I saw Joy and Brane.

JOY- Hey Herley! I am not in the mood to talk but I don't want to suspect me.

HERLEY- H-Hi! I said looking down not interested to even to look up to them.

BRANE- What happened? Are you fine? Has something happened? I just shaked my head and started to eat again.

JOY- By the way, Brane. Have you seen Stephen? I looked up to them but then continued eating listening to them carefully.

BRANE- Oh! Yes. He is with Ava. She came here specially to meet him. Ava? Who is she? Stephen never mentioned her. Is this the same I saw in the terrace with him? But their next words shook me.

JOY- Ava! She came after so long. Stephen might be missing him. He love her so much. Tears started to build in my eyes as I felt betrayed by the most trusted one. I suddenly stood up making them stop their conversation and they looked at me.

BRANE- Where are you going? You haven't finish your food yet.

HERLEY- I am full. I simply said and left from there. I do not want them to see my tears otherwise they will suspect us. I do not want them to be worried about me.

I wanted to cry so bad right now. Why do I feel so hurt? Was he fooling me all this time? Do I mean nothing to him? Are my feeling a joke to him? Was he playing with me all this time? I am not jealous, I am hurt. And my heart hurts remembering the scene in the terrace. We made so many memories there but now he is destroying it for someone else. Are all his doings just an act? Am I nothing to him? Are his promises not meant to be kept safe till the very end?

Tears were streaming down my face now while I sat on the wooden box kept at the back side of the school. I was not crying but the tears just made their way through my eyes.

MEANWHILE~

STEPHEN'S POV

I was in the terrace waiting for Herley. I was enjoying the view from there but soon my sight turned black as someone covered my hands with their hands. I thought it was Herley so I smiled mentally and thought to play along.

STEPHEN- W-who? I am scared of dark. Can you please keep your hands down. I said in an afraid tone to make her laugh and she did. But wait, Herley don't laugh like that. She laughs shyly making giggling sounds but the girl behind me was laughing like a hyena. I quickly turned around and my eyes widened to see her.

STEPHEN- A-AVA?

AVA- Missed me? She said opening her arms to let me hug her and I quickly engulf her in my arms. I am beyond happy to see her after so long and I must say she has become more beautiful.

STEPHEN- A lot. Why are you suddenly here? Any special reason?

AVA- Just came for you, handsome~ I missed you~ She said and I hugged her again. She will never change, Her sassy attitude is on top.

STEPHEN- I also missed you and wanted to come to meet you as well.

We were talking about our past memories while I forgot about the time with her. She is my supporter in everything I want to do. She always stand by my side. She means a lot to me and I can't lose her. She is too precious for that. I think I said those words for someone else as well. For whom? Oh yeah, for my Herley. Wait, Herley? Oh no, Where is she? I came here to meet her but she is still not here.

I do not want Ava to know about Herley but I need to go now to find her, somehow.

STEPHEN- Ava! Let's go to the cafeteria. You might be hungry. I said so I could leave her with Joy and Brane and then leave to find Herley.

AVA- But I am not hungry. We can talk here, even the view is so great from here. Ah!! No I have to do something to leave from here as soon as possible.

STEPHEN- But Ava I am hungry so let's go. I said demandingly to which she nodded obediently.

AVA- Alright~

We went from there to the cafeteria and we saw Brane and Joy enjoying there lunch. Great timing~ We went to them. Everyone's eye was on us and I can see the boys drooling over Ava. I glared at them and they lowered their gaze.

AVA- Hey guys! It's been a long time. She said to those 2 dorks while I just rolled my eyes.

BRANE- Oh hi Ava.

JOY- Hi Ava. I am still handsome but you have become more beautiful.

AVA- Oh thankyou so much Joy. They started to talk and I could not get the right time to sneak away from there. We were in the middle of our talks and I am tapping my feet impatiently only thinking about Herley at the moment.

JOY- Stephen, I saw Herley in here eating her food today. I have never seen her ever here but today she was here just a few minutes ago.

BRANE- Yes, and she was kind of feeling down as well. What? She was here and I was waiting for her in the terrace. And why is she feeling low today? Is she in some trouble or is she in pain? Is anyone troubling her? Now I am so concerned. I need to see her.

AVA- Herley? Who is she? I have never heard of her before.

JOY- She is one of our friends. We met her coincidentally in the terrace once and we became quite close.

AVA- Oh! I see.~ She was going to speak further but I stopped her.

STEPHEN- I am going to go now the coach is looking for me. I will meet you later. Before they could speak I left from there.

Only 5 minutes are left for the break to get over. Where will I find her now?

***

Author's note- Chapter 19 to be uploaded tomorrow. I hope Stephen find her before the break gets over. Kindly like if you like:)