CHAPTER 21 - THE REVEAL

HERLEY'S POV

BRANE AND JOY- She is talking about us, Stephen.

All three of us looked at them coming towards us.

STEPHEN- What? You did that? He said looking pissed at his friends. But Joy and Brane were just smirking at Stephen which made him more mad. Why the hell you did that? He nearly shouted at them but their smirks are still there looking at us. I am all confused here. I looked down when they stared at me as well and I moved behind Stephen hiding myself. I am not scared of them but I don't want them to see my teary eyes and red cheeks.

BRANE- You love her right? He said pointing at me. My eyes widened. How do he know? Were they eavesdropping our conversation?

STEPHEN- What? Stephen too look shocked but he was still looking calm.

JOY- You love Herley right. He repeated and I widen my eyes more but Stephen's expression were the same glaring at them.

STEPHEN- Yes, I do. So what? He said calmly making my heart shake.

BRANE- Then why did you not tell us? Aren't we your friends anymore? Why you tried to hide it from us? He said looking offended. But Stephen only smirked.

STEPHEN- You want to know why? They both nodded and his smirk grew wide. Remember when Joy told us that he like Ms. Kale. They both nodded but Brane widened his eyes and started to shake his head as a No. It was Brane who put the oil in the basketball court and you slipped. You twisted your ankle so bad that you were on bed rest for almost a week. He did that because he wanted you to be treated by Ms. kale in her clinic all alone but you ended up in a hospital instead treated by a 60 year old man. Ava bursted out laughing and I also giggled listening to Stephen. I knew that if I will tell you dorks about my feelings towards her, then you will do such stuffs to make us meet. I did not want that to happen to me or even Herley. So I never told you.

Joy was furious after knowing the behind story of his fractured ankle but he didn't say anything but glared at Brane who was trying to sneak out. Then his gaze turned to Stephen and he smirked. Why is everyone smirking today and I am here being a confused bunny.

JOY- You tried hard to hide but we knew it way before you can even imagine. I widened my eyes at this new theory. What? They knew about this all along. When did they caught us and if they did then why were they not revealing that they already knew about it. I stepped forward~

HERLEY- W-what? From when do you know about this? Their eyes landed on me while I still have a shocked expression on me.

BRANE- Remember when you saw us in the terrace while you were hiding behind the wall from us. I widened my eyes in shock again as they knew all along that I was there but I never knew the boys there were Joy and Brane. I slightly nodded. We were actually following Stephen at that time as we were suspicious of him. As we followed him we came to the terrace and found your ID card there and we looked at you hiding as well. We weren't sure if the reason for Stephen's distraction is you or not, so we left. We did not want to jump into conclusions and make things a mess.

HERLEY- But how come you found about us then? They both looked at each other and smirked. Again they are smirking, they want me to die because of shocks today.

JOY- Remember the competition trip? I nodded. It was us who sneak into the teacher's room and gave your name for the quiz competition. We wanted to see if you were the girl or not that Stephen like. So we put your name as well and by god's grace you were selected too. I was shocked now. Why did they do that? There's more, actually after that we were confirmed that Stephen is interested in you so we made plans to make him yours.

HERLEY- W-what?

BRANE- Remember Steve? I widened my eyes and looked at Stephen but he was expressionless. He was not showing any emotions. May be he will burst at last on them, that is why. It was us who made him do that, we saw him bumping into you in the hallway and we thought to make him a part of our plan. We were also there when Stephen beat the shit out of him in the food court but we wanted him to shove his anger on Steve, as we just told him to flirt with you and not touch you. So yeah! He deserve that beating.

HERLEY- What the hell! Are you guys serious right now! How can you-

JOY- Before you shout at us, I want to tell you that we have also protected you both.

I was confused and asked

HERLEY- How?

JOY- Remember the girls in the court bitching right in front of you about your relationship with Stephen. We saw all of that and felt bad too so we stopped the fangirls and many more students who don't want you both to be together by our hot looks. He was suddenly smacked by Brane.

BRANE- We stopped them by threatening them that our coach will send you to Ms. Kale for medical purposes if you will ever try to come between them. I smiled that they did so much only for us to not get bullied at school. I was glad and happy at their efforts but it soon turned upside down.

JOY- Also we were the one who pushed you into the storeroom. I widened my eyes not believing them. Is this a roller coaster? Once they protect us and then they push us. What are these two creatures. Once they will burn me in fire then add water to save me but afterwards will put electricity. Why? Stephen was right when he said that his friends are dorks.

BRANE- Actually we wanted to know how much Stephen likes you and will he save you before his basketball match or not. I smiled looking at Stephen thinking that yes I am more important to him that he left his match to save me. But his expressions were still dull. He was just starring at his dork friends without any emotion. I think he will burst out really bad today. Is this the silence before the storm?

JOY- Also that message from your phone given to Stephen was from us only. So yeah, we did everything to make you 2 come together.

He said with a proud smile and looked at us. First I was angry of their acts but then I realized that their intensions were never wrong. They never meant to hurt me. I looked at Stephen and he was just starring at them. Their proud smiles went down slowly seeing Stephen. There was silence for almost a minute~ but it broke with the words of Stephen.

STEPHEN- I already know about it.

***

Author's note- Hey Everyone!!! I hope you like this part :)