CHAPTER 16 - BRANE AND JOY

THE NEXT DAY~

STEPHEN'S POV

I am now in front of the stadium with other students ready for our departure. We are still waiting for some students to come and I am waiting for my sugarplum. She is still not here. I looked at my right side and found Brane and Joy suspiciously looking at me.

STEPHEN- Why are you staring at me like that? Are you planning something?

BRANE- You are hiding something. Aren't you?

JOY- Definitely he is. Or else he won't be looking here and there like a lost puppy.

STEPHEN- W-what? lost puppy?

BRANE- Yes, lost puppy. Who are you looking for? can you tell.

JOY- Brane, if he would have to tell us, he would have told us before but no, he don't believe us and our friendship don't mean to him. I am sure. He said wiping his fake tears dramatically.

STEPHEN- Stop it guys. There is nothing to tell. Don't think too much. If there will be something then I will surely tell you.

If I tell them about my relationship with Herley, they will tease me to death. I know them better than anyone. They have a special power to get every damn shit out of me and I don't want Herley to see my condition afterwards. They are real dorks and I don't want to reveal my relationship to them.

JOY AND BRANE- STOP PRETENDING! They shouted together and I flinched a little. I was going to ask them but the teacher came along with other students and told us to go into the bus as we are going to depart soon.

We are now in the bus and we are seated how we were seated before. Herley is beside me and we are holding hands and listening to some music throughout the trip. She is so beautiful even when she is sleeping. I am falling more for her but if I tell about our relationship in school then the students will not let her live in peace. I must protect her. I know she won't tell anyone about us and I need to do the same. I smiled looking at her sleeping figure and kissed her forehead and I slept as well.

TIMESKIP~

We reached our school back and we all are invited to the auditorium to celebrate our victory.

Everyone clapped for us and the assembly took place afterwards.

THE NEXT DAY~

It is break time and I am waiting for Herley in the terrace. It has now become our secret meeting spot.

Soon she came and hugged me tightly and snuggle her face in my chest. Looks like she miss me the same way I missed her. I chucked at her cute attempts towards me and hugged her back.

STEPHEN- I miss you too~ she looked up towards me and said confusingly.

HERLEY- But I never said that I miss you~ She said whining while I chuckle at her cute pout.

STEPHEN- But your actions did, my sugarplum~ I said pinching her nose and her face had a slight red blush now. She hid her face on my chest again. I laughed at her silly attempts.

STEPHEN- You are so cute~ I want to always be with you and protect you. I am blessed we met here that day.

HERLEY- Even I thank to god for that day. She said still hiding in my chest.

STEPHEN- Do you know, I am the most lucky one in this whole school to get such a diamond like you. She started to blush even more and trust me she looked just like a tomato now.

I leaned closer to her face and our lips are just an inch away but then~

Our lovely and sweet session came to an end when we heard some noises from near the gate and suddenly we heard a bang and a boy was lying down in the floor. His back was facing us so we could not figure out who he is.

Soon the person got up and I widened my eyes seeing him.

JOY!!?? What is he doing here? I screamed in my head all confused

JOY- Yah! Brane! How dare you push me?

What Brane? What the hell in this world they are doing here. Have they caught us? Now what? Are we exposed?