CHAPTER 5 - I WILL CHEER FOR YOU

HERLEY'S POV

When he asked me to cheer for him in his match, I got shocked as I have never done this before. I am always of a shy kind and never raised my voice and never went out of my personal space. I was going to reject his offer but his big bambi eyes looking at me pleadingly make me change my decision. After all, he might need some motivation so I can help him in that.

HERLEY- S-sure, I-I will cheer for you.

When I said that he suddenly hugged me and I widened my eyes but soon wrap my arms around his back as well as a sign of a friendly hug.

We pulled away and he stood up.

STEPHEN- Thankyou Herley~ I got to go now, we will meet tomorrow in the match. Hope you will come.

He said and went out while I slightly smiled at his sudden behaviour.

TIME SKIP~

THE NEXT DAY~

I came to school and saw many girls of our school being all excited. But why? I thought but shrugged it off as I was only thinking about today's basketball match. I went to my class and I am now waiting for the school to end.

MEANWHILE~

STEPHEN'S POV

I am now at the basketball court with my team mates to practice for today's match. I am so excited for today as Herley is going to come and I don't want to lose in front of her. I am immersed in my thoughts but it soon got broke by~

JOY- Yah! Stephen!

STEPHEN- Yeah.

JOY- Do you know what is the most important thing for me today?

BRANE- Yeah I know, probably to win the match and make fun of the other team. What else? You like to do that. He came with the ball in his hand and casually said those words to which I nodded and looked back at Joy.

JOY- No, today the most important for me today is to impress all the girls who will come to watch our match. I know they come here only for Stephen. But today I will also impress them.

He said making me and Brane laugh out loud to which he just huffed at us.

TIMESKIP~

The match will start soon and now the students have started gathering in the audience seats and positioning themselves. I am just waiting for Herley to come and I am time to time looking for her in the audience seat where the girls are cheering for us.

JOY- Hey Stephen, where are you lost dude? Please concentrate, I need your help to impress the girls here.

STEPHEN- Why do you need my help in that? I said with raised eyebrows.

BRANE- He just want you to play well and not disappoint the team.

STEPHEN- But I never disappoint the team so why are you so concerned today.

JOY- Because you look distracted today.

STEPHEN- W-what?

BRANE- You think we haven't notice your behaviour for the past few days? huh?

JOY- Yes, Brane is right. You look like a madman sometimes. In between the practice also you sometimes smile weirdly even when you couldn't basket. He said looking at me suspiciously.

STEPHEN- I-It is nothing like that. Don't worry I will never disappoint you and especially not today.

I said that to make them believe me to which they smiled and hugged me tightly. I smiled and hugged them back and look at the seats to find her but she is still not here but the match will start in 5 minutes.

MEANWHILE~

HERLEY'S POV

After the classes ended, I was going out to go to the basketball court but my maths teacher stopped me.

MRS. SNELL- Herley, I want to talk to you for a moment.

I was hesitating at first but she is one of my favourites so I did not mind it much and asked her.

HERLEY- Yes ma'am?

MRS. SNELL- If you don't mind but I need some help in collecting the answer sheet from the teacher's room to my cabin. Can you do that for me?

HERLEY- Sure ma'am.

MRS. SNELL- Thankyou so much, Herley.

I smiled at her and went to do the task given by her.

STEPHEN'S POV

The match has now started and the other team is playing really well and it became difficult for us to score more. I am still looking at the audience from time to time to find her but she is no where to be seen. I thought that she forgot to come and I am sad but more disappointed about it and it makes me somehow distracted from the game and we started to lose some scores but then I look at my team and they are all tensed about the results so I thought to stop with my day dreaming and focus on the game rather than her.

TIME SKIP~

We were able to equal the scores but still we need to win this. We had a water break now and we all went to the coach.

MR. STEANS- Great coordination guys~ but we need to score 2 more points and we have only 30 seconds for that.

The coach says while I am looking at the audience finding her and I finally did. She was there siting at the last row all alone with her hood on and one hand was raised up in the sky with a fist and she is waving it to show that she is cheering. We had a eye contact and I smiled widely at her to which she mouthed me 'All the best, you can do it'. And I mouthed back 'Thankyou'. We were still looking at each other but then~

MR. STEANS- What do you think about the strategy Stephen? I looked at my coach coming back to my senses.

STEPHEN- H-hmm, about what coach?

MR. STEANS- Seriously Stephen, in the middle of the game you are lost. You better concentrate or else you know the consequences.

MR. Steans is very serious at the moment so I just tell him about the strategy I thought of.

MR. STEANS- Good strategy Stephen, I am impressed. Got it guys, we have to win, ALRIGHT?

EVERYONE- YES COACH!

We group hugged and go back to the court.

AUTHOR POV- I am sorry.... hehehe, actually I don't know much about basketball so let's move to the climax.

STEPHEN's POV

I am feeling more energetic than before after seeing Herley cheering for me. I don't know but the girls who are shouting while cheering for me never made me motivated like she does with just her presence.

Now the ball was in my hand and the basket was clear and I am just waiting for the right time to throw the ball but then I look at Herley and winked at her, I could see her shocked expressions. I mentally smirked and threw the ball and it was a basket, the time was up exactly after that and we won with a slight difference.

EVERYONE- STEPHEN! STEPHEN! STEPHEN!

Everyone cheered and we celebrated. The audience is roaring and the coach came running to us and picked me up and twirled me around. Everyone is celebrating for our victory. When he put me down I looked at Herley to which she just clapped her tiny hands in a very cute way and I just giggled and bowed like a gentleman in a fun way and saw her smiling slightly at my doings.

***

Author's note

Author- STEPHEN! STEPHEN! STEPHEN!

Stephen- What happen!

Author- I am cheering for you. (For your love story...hehehe)

Stephen- I already won. Herley has cheered for me already.

Author- ID...iot!

I am trying my best to give you good results and I hope you will recognise my hard work. Kindly Like, share, comment and smile:) ~