CHAPTER 19 - DON'T YOU TRUST ME!!?

STEPHEN'S POV

Only 5 minutes are left for the break to get over. Where will I find her now? I was thinking of the places she usually go to. Yes! I got it. It's the back part of the school. She must be there. I ran from there in full speed to find Herley.

Herley please be safe. I don't know why you did not come to the terrace today and why your mood was off? I will not leave the one who have hurt you. I promise to make things right and make you smile. You are my first priority.

I am now in front of the back side of the school and I will lie if I say I did not hear the sound of my heart breaking seeing the view in front of me. Herley was sitting on the corner with her head burried in her knees and her soft sniffles are quite audible. My blood was boiling in anger to think of the jerk who did this to her and I was also worried at the same time seeing her all miserable. My eyes softened seeing her in that state, she must be feeling hurt.

I move towards her and bend down to her level. Her sniffles are now more clear and audible to me and it is breaking my heart even more.

STEPHEN- H-Herley. She flinched not expecting me here and looked at me with her red puffy eyes. Her eyes shows betrayal and rage but for what? I was just looking at her and She just kept quite, she suddenly stood up.

STEPHEN- Herley~ I called her grabbing her hand but she yanked it away. She looked at me angrily with her puffy eyes and tried to leave. But I do not want her to go without telling me what's wrong. I want to the reason of her this state. I grabbed her hand again and she tried to yank it again but I held it tightly. She looked at me and an empty scoff left her mouth. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

STEPHEN- What happen Herley? Can you share it with me? I am hella worried about you. I said now grabbing both of her shoulders and made her look at me. Her eyes were empty and there was no emotion on her face and tears were streaming down continuously.

HERLEY'S POV

Why is he here? Shouldn't he be with Ava? I am feeling so many emotion at the moment but I don't want to show him. He was playing with me all this time and I don't want him to think that I am weak. I don't want to see him anymore but he has grabbed my hands and is stronger than me. I cannot win with him in strength. Obviously, he is stronger than me. I can't get out of his grip. So I chose to look away and avoid him.

STEPHEN- Why are you looking away? Have I done anything that hurt you? I am sorry if you are angry because of me but please don't ignore me like t-that. His voice broke at last, I looked at him and his eyes are a little teary. But I am not going to melt with his words. He deserve to be hurt like he did to me. He played with me. He is just a playboy. I should not get into his trap anymore.

I looked away still ignoring him.

STEPHEN- Why are you being like this? What have I done? Are you trying to get rid of me? Then let me tell you I will never leave you. You are always going to mine. ONLY MINE!

HERLEY- STOP! STOP WITH YOUR DRAMA NOW. I was not able to control my anger anymore so I shouted at him and he flinched with my sudden rage. What do you take me for? Do you think I will never get to know about it? I am not so stupid. I have a heart but now it is broken. The one I trust the most broke it. It is paining now and I don't want to feel the pain anymore. Please leave. I said it to him staring right into him but he just got more confused.

STEPHEN- What are you talking about? Who broke your heart?

HERLEY- YOU! YOU BROKE IT! The audacity of him to act all innocent when I saw everything with my own two doe eyes.

STEPHEN- W-WHAT? ME? When did that happen? How?

He was just pissing me off and now he is behaving that nothing is wrong, like he did nothing. After catching him red handed, he is trying to cover it all. I scoffed looking at him.

HERLEY- YOU FREAKING CHEATED ON ME? I TRUSTED YOU STEPHAN BUT YOU! YOU JUST USED ME. I shouted jerking his hands off me. His eyes were wide open because of the sudden reveal.

STEPHEN- W-what? What are you saying Herley? Don't you trust me? He said coming closer and I stepped back. He stop with his steps seeing me backing away. He was heartbroken seeing me backing away from him.

STEPHEN- Don't you trust me? He said in a whisper again but I just looked away. He sighed~ Can you just tell me what I did that made you act this way. He said in a pleading tone and tears were about to come from his eyes. I looked at him disbelief as he is still not confessing that he fucking cheated on me.

HERLEY- ARE YOU STILL NOT GOING TO CONFESS. YOU ARE FREAKING CHAEATING ON ME, STEPHEN. AND I AM HURT. I bursted out crying and a tear left his eyes too.

STEPHEN- WHAT? When did I? Who said that? He said grabbing my shoulders with both of his arms and looked intently at me. He was shocked, his eyes are wide open and concern was everywhere in his voice.

HERLEY- I saw it myself. No one told me. Y-yo-you.....we...re there h-hugging a g-girl..... in the t-terrace. I-I saw y-you. You l-love her r-right.....but s-she was not h-here so y-you chose to play with m-me for a while.....bu...t now she is b-back and y-you will go b-back to h-her. I broke down in tears and he was just registering my words in his head.

STEPHEN'S POV

What? Terrace? Hugging her? She saw me with a girl there? Oh no! She saw me with Ava. She broke down and I am feeling pity at her state. I think she misunderstood. I hold her shoulders again to calm her but she tried to shrug off my hands. I just can't handle it anymore, she needs to know the truth. I quickly hugged her before she could do anything wrong. She was wiggling to get free but I held her tightly and obviously I am stronger than her, so she stopped wiggling and I looked down at her. More tears filled her eyes, she seems to be very hurt. It might have hurt her a lot unintentionally.

STEPHEN- Shh...Shh... Calm down first and then we will talk about it. Hmm~ I said patting her head and back . Soon she calmed down and stopped crying. I think I should tell her now.

???- Wait Stephen! Let me tell her myself.