CHAPTER 9 - IS HE JEALOUS?

STEPHEN'S POV

We all gathered around and the teacher is giving us the room keys for our respective rooms. Herley got to share a room with a girl who is with her in quiz. I am with Brane and we are ready to leave but we saw another bus and the basketball team of that so called international school came out with some other students. I looked at Steve, the basketball captain of their team. We had an eye contact and he smirked at me and I smirked back. He is a jerk and became the captain because his father is the principal only to impress the girls. We are still in our places to greet them. I looked at Steve again and found him looking at Herley while biting his lower lip . Wait? Herley?

I am so angry as I just want to smash his face with my bare hands. I am fuming in anger but then I looked at Herley laughing with her roommate unbothered of the new students who came to greet us. I soon calm down and smiled looking at her all happy. She is really my happy pill. I thought.

TIMESKIP~

HERLEY'S POV

I am in my room getting ready to go for the practice as the games will start from tomorrow.

RHEA (roommate)- Herley, are you ready? we are getting late.

HERLEY- I will, just 5 more minutes, you can leave first.

RHEA- okay then. See you. With that being said, she left.

I soon left the room as well. I am kind of late so I am running but I bumped into someone and I fall.

???- Are you okay? he said stretching his hand towards me.

HERLEY- yes, I am. I am sorry, I was in a hurry so...

???- no worries, it's all right. By the way, I am Steve.

HERLEY- Oh, umm~ I am Herley.

We shaked hands and when I tried to pull away he was not leaving it.

HERLEY- Umm~ My hand.

Steve- huh! oh yeah. Here you go. he left my hand and scratched the back of his head all embarrassed.

AUTHOR'S POV

Little did they know that someone is watching them and observing Steve and Herley furiously.

TIMESKIP~

HERLEY'S POV

The practice is over now and we are going to the dining to have our meal.

I took my food, placed it on the table and sat all alone. I took my novel out to read it. I am reading but I felt someone staring at me, so I peek out of the book and looked at Steve staring at me being all close.

STEVE- Hey! We met again. He sounds so creepy but I thought it must be just my imagination.

HERLEY- Yeah, Hi.

STEVE- We met co-incidentally again. Is it fate which wants us to be together? He said coming closer to me and I am going back to avoid any closeness between us.

HERLEY- I-I don't know. I said nervously to which he just laughed and kept his hands on both of my shoulders and said seriously looking at me.

STEVE- Do you know that you are so beautiful like this without any makeup and glasses that I can make love to you even when the sun is-

His words were cut off by a punch and he is now lying on the floor.

STEVE- Who the hell did th---- His words were again cut off again with another punch and he was punched continuously while I stood there shocked.

MEANWHILE~

STEPHEN'S POV

I, Joy and Brane are finding seats to sit and eat while I found Herley siting alone. I was about to reach her but I saw Steve going to her.

I heard their conversation and it is making me more and more angry after every passing second. Joy and Brane were also listening to them.

JOY- What a playboy! Trying to hit on our school girls just because his own school girls are head over heels for Stephen.

BRANE- He is a jerk but he is making her uncomfortable.

JOY- Yeah! I can see that. Stephen! should we do something to save her from this dickhead?

I did not reply and went towards their seat and punched him right on his face to stop him from speaking any further. He fell down on the floor and I sat on his stomach and gave him another punch and this continued for quite sometime. I was so angry at him for making her, no my girl uncomfortable. I am still furious at him and beating him~

HERLEY- Stephen, please stop he is bleeding.

She said slowly as she was already scared of my angry side but I did not intend to stop till I kill him with my own hands.

HERLEY- STEPHEN! STOP! please~

She shouted at me and suddenly back hugged me to stop my movements. I stopped, not because she was trying to hold on to my hands but because of her sudden contact with my body. She is back hugging me and I stood up from him and turned to look at her.

She was scared but she still hold my both hands in her and looked at me.

HERLEY- I am fine. Now please stop, You might kill him. She said all concerned, but for whom? for this shameless jerk or for me?

I took her hand in mine and started walking out of the scene with her to clear out all of this.

We reached in an empty hall where there is no one and I left her hand and cornered her against the wall.

We both were silent for a good 1 minute, I was looking here and there trying to control my anger while she was just looking down but then she said something still looking down.

HERLEY- Thankyou so much for that. If you wont be there on time, he might do something wrong. He was making me uncomfortable too. Thankyou.

I was looking somewhere else but when she finished her sentence I looked at her and found her eyes teary.

I got concerned and thought that that jerk did something to her.

STEPHEN- Are you alright? Did he touch you somewhere?

HERLEY- No! I am fine. You came on time but are you alright? Your hand is bleeding. She said looking at my hand all concerned.

STEPHEN- It's fine, nothing much. Don't worry. I said with a slight smile on my face to see her worried about me. Now listen carefully, Don't go near him till the time we are here and if he comes to you find me and I will not let him even see you. I said strictly to which she just nodded twice. I smiled at her innocent face and concerned eyes just for me which was still a bit shocked by the mis-happening.

***

AUTHOR'S NOTE

There is always a jerk in everyone's life. But they help us to create some moments and memories. But still they are jerks so let's move on. Thankyou everyone who are taking interest in my stories. If you see then kindly like, comment and share as well:)