CHAPTER 20 - MY FRIENDS

STEPHEN'S POV

???- Wait Stephen! Let me tell her myself.

We both looked at the voice and saw Ava. How come is she here? I looked at Herley and her tears are on the verge to come out again. I am feeling hurt too seeing her like that. She was in my embrace and I was hugging her tightly. She looked at me and soon pushed me to get away and looked down trying to control herself from bursting out in front of Ava. She might really be hurt seeing her with me without knowing anything. I was just staring at Herley concerned but in the corner of my eyes I saw Ava coming towards us. She stood in front of Herley with a smile on her face.

AVA- Hey! I am Ava. She said bringing her hand forward. I looked at Herley and she was just looking down avoiding the gaze Ava was giving her.

AVA- Anyways~ She said taking her hand back. I am Ava and you are?

HERLEY- H-Herley. She had her head down not looking at Ava.

AVA- Oh! Nice to meet you. She is way too hurt and I can't see it anymore. I just want to embrace her and tell her everything, I want to confess every damn thing to her to stop the pain she is feeling because of me. I cannot wait now, I don't care if Ava listen to us but I still need to talk to her now.

STEPHEN- Herley~ please listen to-

HERLEY- Stop! I don't want to. Let's end it here. Let's not DISTURB each other from now. She said abruptly looking at me and then her eyes moved to Ava. I was feeling a sting in my heart seeing her painful yet hurtful eyes. I hope you will be happy......with her. She said the last words slowly but audible enough for me to hear. She tried to smile at Ava but miserably failed.

She turned to leave but before that happens I tried to grab her hand to stop her. She yanked my hand away but Ava held her hand afterwards. She made her look at her and she grabbed both of the shoulders of Herley with her hands.

AVA- I think you are misunderstanding something Herley. Why are you not listening to Stephen? Do you both have something something going on? I blushed at her teasing look and looked at Herley and she had her head low, I became sad as she used to blush a lot but now she is not reacting at all. I was going to tell Ava about everything but before I could Herley spoke.

HERLEY- NO! There is nothing going on between us. You don't have to worry about us? I will never interfere in your relationship. I widened my eyes and Ava too because of her sudden rage but Ava soon burst into laughter. Herley looked at her all confused and me too. Why is she laughing so much.

AVA- Oh my my my... What are you thinking Herley. Our relationship? hahahaha you are funny though. How did you came to the conclusion that we are in a relationship. Herley was shocked at her words but soon tears again build in her eyes.

HERLEY- You don't have to pretend. I am-

AVA- NO! No wait, How in the world you thought that I will date this chimpanzee. She said controlling her laugh and I rolled my eyes but Herley looked shocked.

HERLEY- What? Y-you are not in another relationship? She questioned looking at me. I shook my head to not make her feel more hurt.

STEPHEN- NO! How can you think that? I said coming closer to her and grabbed her hands in mine and looked deep into her eyes. It's only you I am with and will always be. Only you have the right to touch me, no one else. I said softly and we were mesmerized into each other.

AVA- *cough* You are not alone here. She said and we looked away. By the way Stephen you never told me you are in a relationship with such a pretty girl. She said fakely glaring at me and I giggled.

STEPHEN- Sorry but not sorry. I love my sugarplum so much and do not want people to target her. You know the amount of fangirls I have.

AVA- YOU MORON! I ain't your fangirl. You could have told me.

STEPHEN- But you have a big mouth. You would have spill it somewhere. I got a smack in my head from her. I was going to reply to her but then~

HERLEY- But who are you then to Stephen? She said innocently looking at Ava. Ava smiled and replied with a smirk. Oh no, She is going to insult me.

AVA- I am this Chimpanzee's cousin. This dork is so bad looking that we don't even look like cousins. She said smiling at Herley and I rolled my eyes at her comment.

HERLEY- I am sorry to misunderstand you. She said looking at Ava and then she looked at me but I looked away. She thought I was cheating on her. I was so hurt earlier when she said to leave her. She didn't even let me explain. I am angry now and she needs to pay for it. I huffed at my thoughts still looking away. She came towards me and hugged me tightly but I didn't hug her back and kept looking away.

HERELEY- I am sorry~ I should not have reacted that way but seeing you in terrace and then your friends also told me that you love her a lot, I could not think straight and behaved like this. I am sorry. She said and shove her head in my chest. I crashed my eyebrows and confusion took over me. My friends?

STEPHEN- What friends? I said looking down at her.

???- She is talking about us, Stephen.

***

Author's Note- Chapter 20!!! Woah!!! I hope you are liking the story. Thankyou for the support too. I will try my best to give you better results:) Next chapter will be a big reveal. I hope you will like it.