CHAPTER 3 - SHE KNOWS ME NOW

The next day~

STEPHEN'S POV

I am entering the school while I have a bunch of girls around me, probably trying to gain my attention but I don't care about them. Yesterday, I was thinking only about Herley and how simple of a girl she is. She is the only girl till this date who grabbed my attention.

I am casually walking to reach my class as soon as possible to get away from the crowd of girls around me. While walking, I spotted her walking to her class all alone and her eyes on the floor. She is avoiding everyone and quietly entered her classroom.

Oh! so she is 1 year younger than me. I thought and went to my class which is on another floor.

TIMESKIP~

It is break time and I am reaching to the rooftop as I usually go but today I am extra excited to meet her again.

I was leaving the classroom but I was called by my friends.

JOY- Stephen!!!

I turned to look at them and waited for them to continue.

JOY- Where are you going? We have practice after break.

STEPHEN- I am going to get some fresh air and also to get away from them.

I pointed at the girls who were looking at me like they will eat me any second.

BRANE- But-

STEPHEN- I will come there on time. No worries. So now I am leaving.

I went running to avoid anymore questions from these dorks.

BRANE- He is acting weird since yesterday.

JOY- Hmm, I was thinking the same but why?

BRANE- How would I know? he shrugged and they both went towards the cafeteria.

Meanwhile~

Stephen reached the rooftop and is searching for her but he couldn't find her.

STEPHEN- Where is she? I saw her today in the morning but she isn't here.

I went out from there to find her. I reached to the cafeteria but she wasn't there either. I had a hood on so not many students can recognize me. I am searching for her everywhere for the past 15 minutes and now I am worried and tired too but I want to meet her anyhow because that way I can be relieved and calm my increased heartbeat. Only the back area of the school is left so I reached there running and when I went there I got relieved as I saw her siting on the wooden box and reading her book with her hood off her and specs on. I couldn't control myself and I went towards her and hugged her tightly.

HERLEY'S POV

I am silently reading my book silently but suddenly I felt someone hugging me more like attacking me. I got startled and scared as there is no one except us. But I put some courage and efforts to speak.

HERLEY- W-wh-who?

I was shivering now and was thinking of all the horrible possibilities that could happen right now.

STEPHEN'S POV

I was so relieved to see her but when she asked stuttering, I got that she was scared and I pulled off the hug and looked straight at her. Her eyes shows terror and confussion and she is scared and shivering because of my sudden attack. Now, I felt bad to startle her like that.

STEPHEN- Calm down, it's only me.

HERLEY'S POV

I am relieved now after I found out who it is. He is so concerned about me and his eyes showed worrisome. But for what? for me? No it can't be. my thoughts came to an end when he~

STEPHEN- Are you fine? I was worried about you. I was looking for you around the whole school but couldn't find you. Why weren't you in the terrace? He said it all in one breathe.

What? he was worried about me? but why? I was in my thoughts when he suddenly hold my shoulders with both of his hands and looked straight into my eyes.

STEPHEN- I am sorry for my sudden appearance.

He lowered his gaze to the ground.

STEPHEN'S POV

I suddenly realized what I am doing. So I get away from her and apologised for making her uncomfortable. I don't know why I couldn't control myself when I finally saw her.

HERLEY- I-It's fine.

I looked at her when she said that. I am still thinking that she is not okay, so I made some space between us.

STEPHEN- So, ummm~ why are you not in the terrace?

I asked scratching the back of my neck as I am feeling embarrassed. I don't know why but I got a little shy seeing her staring at me and waiting for my next action.

HERLEY- I didn't want to disturb you so...

STEPHEN- NO! I suddenly shouted making her flinch. I mean no, you did not disturb me. You can go there in break time whenever you feel like.

I said trying not to sound desperate to meet her.

HERLEY'S POV

I couldn't understand him but I did not mind going to the rooftop as it was a better place to read though.

HERLEY- o-ok Stephen.

STEPHEN'S POV

What? She remembered my name now. I mentally smiled knowing that. But everyone knows me so it should not be a great deal but why do I feel so happy to hear my name from her mouth. I thought looking at her and a slight smile was there on my face.

STEPHEN- You remember?

HERLEY- What?

STEPHEN- nothing. I said shooking my head sideways and slightly smiled at her.

***

Author's note- Will the coincidence in the terrace be a start of their love journey? Let's meet in the next episode to see what happens.

Ahh! I got #11 on #highschoollovestory. I am so happy.