CHAPTER 13 - WILL HE SAVE ME?

STEPHEN'S POV

Today is the last day of the competition and we have a basketball match today. I was preparing for it with my team in the court and I am thinking about her.

She will be coming to see my match in the evening with the rest of the students and I hope she cheer for me again. I am still angry at Steve and I will make sure to make his team the worst losers in this whole city.

TIMESKIP~

HERLEY'S POV

It is now time for the match and I am very sure that Stephen will win for sure. I am going to the basketball court but I saw Steve in front of me. I got scared and hide myself behind the pillar. I don't want to interact with him and create more chaos. I am still uncomfortable to even think about the incident. I should go through other way then.

I left from there quietly to another way which is the other side of the auditorium and no one really goes there. I am walking fast but I suddenly got pushed by someone inside a dark storage room and the door was shut. All of this happened in a fraction of second and I am lying in the ground with a bleeding knee. There was no time for me to react and fight back and I can hear footsteps disappearing from there. I tried to call them back and banged the door but they were gone and I was alone in this dark and creepy room. There were broomsticks, mops and many more equipment. The room had a disgusting rotting smell and it made me feel nauseous.

I was trembling out of fear. I open my bag and took my phone out with trembling hands. I turn the flash on and looked around. I sat near the corner and try to calm down first. After a minute, I tried to call Stephen as he is the only one who I thought of at this moment. I was calming myself to not freak out in the dark. Tears were building in my eyes and Stephen was not picking my call. I called thrice but still no response.

MEANWHILE~

STEPHEN'S POV

The match is now 15 minutes away and I was stretching my muscles and the students were already cheering and fangirling over me. I saw Joy and Brane coming while running towards the court. I went to them.

STEPHEN- Why are you so late? both of you. I asked glaring at them while they just gulped and shrugged their shoulder. I shaked my head and went to the sitting area to drink water and I could not see Herley here and Steve has also not reached now. I don't want to think about it but I cant stop but get worried. I got out of my thoughts when my phone rang kept beside the bottles. It reads 'My happy pill'. I picked the call~

STEPHEN- Hey, where ar-

HERLEY- STEPHEN! She shouted sounding all scared. H-Help me please, someone l-locked m-me. Please s-save me.

I was shocked to hear that from her and I got so worried about her.

STEPHEN- Are you fine? Tell me where are you?, I will come now. I stated to which she just said storeroom and the call got disconnected. Shit! The game will start in 15 minutes but she is more important to me right now. She needs me more.

I ran leaving from the basketball court ignoring all the callings from my team.

I was breathing heavily from all the running and reached in front of the store room and turned the knob and it opened.

I went inside to find her and the sight in front of me broke my heart into many pieces. I saw her tiny figure curled up into a ball while hugging her knees in the corner of the cold room. She was siting there with messy hair, tear stained cheeks and her red puffy eyes. I squatted down to her level and touched her shoulder.

She flinched but when she saw me she burst out in tears. I helped her to stand but her knees were wobbly. In order to support her, I hugged her. She hugged me back and burried her face in my chest.

I know she is scared and I need to be with her. I lifted her off the ground and she wrapped her leg around my waist and I walked out of the store room with her who is hugging me like a baby koala.

I entered the next room and placed her on the table but we were still hugging each other. She was crying on my chest and I was just caressing her hairs to calm her.

AFTER A MINUTE~

I felt her heartbeat getting back to normal and she was not crying anymore so I pulled back from the hug and spoke in calm voice.

STEPHEN- Are you fine now?

She nodded slowly and looked down with a pout on her lips making me want to devour it right now but it is not the right time.

STEPHEN- How do you get in here?

HERLEY- I don't know. I was going to the b-basketball court b-but s-someone pushed me inside the s-storeroom and locked it from outside.

She stopped speaking and started to cry again. I pulled her in a hug again and spoke while rubbing her back.

STEPHEN- shh...shh...it's okay you are safe now. See you are with me and no one will touch you.

She stopped crying and asked~

HERLEY- But your m-match. I am sorry because of me--

STEPHEN- It's okay, I still have time so let's go together. Shall we? I said smiling at her and she smiled back nodding cutely.

We reached there and I make her sit in the players section and told her to ignore the stares of the people for now. I went to the court and apologized the coach for getting late.

HERLEY'S POV

I am still traumatized because of the incident. I tried my best to stay calm there but the surrounding didn't let me and I cried a lot. But now I am all safe and I have Stephen's jacket around me to provide his warmth. I can feel the stares of girls on me but I tried my best to avoid them.

I looked towards Stephen and he is apologizing to the coach. I felt bad because it is all because of me but he looked at me and smiled assuring me that everythingis all right.

Soon the game started and I can feel that Stephen is looking so angry and directly looking at Steve clenching his jaws. Is he thinking that the one who locked me is Steve? Well who knows but it is not Steve because I am sure that he did not see me there so who would it be?

TIMESKIP~

The match is over and we won with a wide difference. Everyone is cheering and the team is celebrating in the court. I stood up happily and clapped my hands together happily. Stephen looked at me with a proud smile and took steps to come towards me but he was held back by the coach picking him up and spinning him around. I laughed at his expressions when he was suddenly lifted up.

I wanted to surprise him so I left from there while they are still celebrating.

STEPHEN'S POV

We are celebrating and then I looked at where Herley was but she is not there anywhere.

I came out of the court and went to find her as she might still be feeling scared.

***

Author's note- Well who do you think is behind this incident? Actually I am confused too... hehehe :) Kindly like if you like.