25 || The Next Morning

-3rd person's P.O.V-

She didn't want to enter by the front door. But she was sure that nobody was home. The lights were all off and she knew Scott was talking with Derek and Lydia about Parrish. Also, her mother was at work.

With shaky hands, she opened her window and went inside with a little struggle with the big wings behind her. Her throat was dry and she was panicking.

This wasn't normal. Not for her. She ran inside her bathroom only to gasp at how they covered all her back.

They were pearl white, big, and as she put her hand over them. Soft. They were very soft, softer than a bird's feather or a baby's skin.

Tears fell down her face like crazy as she looked in the mirror. She didn't know what to do, who to call, or what to think.

This was all thrown at her out of nowhere. Some people on motorcycles followed her and wings just came out of her.

The pain she felt while running was gone and it was more like it was satisfied with the wings out. Like that whole time it was hurting her they wanted out.

"Shut up Madeline" she whispers to herself and opened the sink and splashes water on her face. "When I open my eyes they'll be gone" she tells herself thinking very hard they those things were gone and she'd be back to normal once her blue eyes looked in the mirror.

When she did a sigh of relief was let out of her mouth and she smiled. But that didn't make up for the fact of what happened before.

The girl turned around and looked at her back letting out another gasp when she saws a mark of wings on her back. It covered all of her skin and it was like a tattoo only transparent yet still seeable.

She let out a sob as she didn't know why this was happening to her. She felt horrified and confused. She has never seen this before and she's didn't know what to do.

°°°

The sun shined over her face and the birds sang out her window. They sang happily as they stood on the tree outside.

With a deep sigh, she opened her bright blue eyes and looked out the window. She smiled at the sight of a new day and how today she will see Liam at school.

Her moment of harmony and happiness was taken away when memories of last night came back and she felt upset, sad, and afraid all at the same time.

Running to the bathroom she lifted up her shirt and winced when she saw the marks of the wings still on her back. "Go away" she says out loud feeling tears want to come into her eyes again.