38 || Research

-3rd person's P.O.V-

"So, I called Araya-"

"And?" Madeline cut Deaton off before he could say. She apologized and let him speak.

"She says that she doesn't know anything else about Sylphs" Deaton looks at the girl on the other side of the steel table who sighed. She had come to ask Deaton if he knew something about Sylphs. Something that'd tell her more than just a name.

"How are we even sure I'm a Sylph? It's Araya someone who hunts supernatural saying this" seeing that Deaton knew nothing about these "Sylph creature"

He sighed grabbing the Bestiary and putting it on the table. "Yes. But also knows many supernaturals. I know this is hard Madeline especially since there's literally no place for us to search more about you and your wings-"

"The wings" she corrected.

The veterinarian frowned. "What?"

"The wings. They're not my wings" her eyes look at the book that contains information in any creature of any species. She opened it and started to look it over.

He could see that she didn't like having these sudden abilities. It happened with Scott too. "Madeline, I know that you're confused and at the moment do not like the idea of becoming supernatural of having these wings," she sighed looking up at him. "But soon enough you'll get used to it and see that you'll embrace it"

A sigh escaped her lips. "I don't hate it completely. They've helped me twice but I'm just scared" her hand runs over her blue hair. "I don't know how to fully control this. I mean I've barely even tried flying again"

His ears perked up and an idea popped in his head. "Then let's try it out" he suggested to her.

"Pff no. I don't know how? I'll end up falling" she scoffed not wanting to try it. He sighed and took the notebook from her hands and slammed it shut.