34 || The Sun, The Moon, The Truth

-3rd person's P.O.V-

Further, into the ride, Derek put the handcuffs on Liam. "All good?" He asked the Beta who pulled on them but didn't get free. "Okay," he reached into his pocket. "I brought something to help you," the talisman. "This hasn't been in my family for centuries. It's a very powerful, talisman. We use it to teach Betas how to control themselves on a full moon" Liam took a hold of it.

Madeline shared a look with Stiles who had the same expression. They both knew damn well that did not work. It was only a fake distraction to make them think that it has the power to control you.

Derek looked at them motioning to tell him something. "Yes, it's powerful. Very powerful" he clears his throat making it sound like he believed that.

Liam looked at them but he would truly trust Madeline more. She opened her mouth clearing her throat too. "Yeah, it's very efficient" she did not sound truthful but it was convincing for him.

°°°

The sun had set and the moon rose Madeline and the rest of her friends not counting Peter was a little nervous. The full moon meant tonight it was defined wolves would howl.

She was leaning on Liam's shoulder actually resting for a bit until she felt him move abruptly. He pulled his hands up only for the handcuffs to hold him down.

His claws were already out and were panting. "Whatever you were gonna teach me...I think you better start" his breathing became heavy and he looked up. The blue eyes turning yellow.

Madeline gulped. The last time she's was with Liam in his wolf self on a full moon didn't go so well, but she said she'd help him.

"Liam, you with me? We have a mantra that we use. You repeat it, you focus on the words. It's like meditating. You say the words until you feel control coming back to you" Derek immediately starts to tell Liam who was panting more and sweat.

"Okay. Okay, okay! What are the words?" he started to lose control. And he did not want to hurt them especially Madeline.

"Okay, look at the triskelion. See the symbol?" Derek asked. "I have a tattoo on my back, it's the same thing. Each spiral means something"

That's when Madeline started to remember the time she asked Derek what the tattoo meant. It happened after they started to trust each other more. Sometimes tattoos have a deep meaning and even though people mark them on their bodies it didn't mean they wanted to talk about it. But being comfortable around each other she was able to ask.

"Alpha, Beta, Omega" Stiles says with realization.

"It represents the idea that we can always rise to one and all back to another. Betas can become Alphas" the other Beta wolf said.