CHAPTER TWO

Venus was sat behind Stiles during their last class, her pen purposely annoyingly poking the back of his neck. Every once in a while, he'd turn around to swat her arm again but she just kept pestering him, knowing the small smile on his face was present. As soon as the clock strikes half past three, the two best friends are pushing themselves out of their seats in a hurry, Stiles dragging his girlfriend right behind him.

"That's not creepy at all." Stiles sighs, passing Scott a flashlight as the three of them stand in front of Alex's supposed house. It looked abandoned enough from the outside, the swing in the front yard swaying eerily in the wind.

The house looked just as abandoned on the inside. Every surface was covered with dust and cobwebs, giving the impression that no one had been here for years. The three of them move into the living room, the eeriness of the place only increasing. The dining room they passed looked set up as if dinner was about to take place, plates and cups were spread across it along with cutlery.

Scott turns around, glancing between the couple. "You wanna split up?"

"Uh, absolutely not." Stiles scoffs.

They make their way up the dusted stair case, Venus between the two boys, the floorboards creaking slightly under their feet. They pass through the white halls, no decorations or pictures in sight, further confirming the abandoned theory. Even the rooms were bare and stripped of all color and life.

"Maybe Alex got he address wrong." Scott suggests from in front of her

"Or he lied." Stiles retorts.

Venus turns to look at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Why would he lie?"

But Stiles doesn't answer, his focus on the door at the end of the hallway in front of them. The only closed door in the house. He makes his way around his girlfriend and slowly reaches out and twists the door knob, swinging the door fully open.

The trio were met with blue, decorated walls. This room actually contained furniture and signs of life. The bed in the middle was made, and the inside of the door wasn't chipped and scratched like the rest of them.

"He didn't lie." Stiles states, turning off the flashlight and pushing further into the room.

Scott's eyes widen as they flit between one object to another in the room. "Why didn't the cops say anything about this?"

"They can't come here without a warrant and there's no owner of record to serve a warrant to. They don't know it's here."

"This doesn't make any sense." Venus mumbles as she moves over to the desk where school books and sticky notes lay across it. Like Alex was just here last night doing his school work before he was dragged into all of this.

Scotts head flinches suddenly, worrying the other two teens. "I think I just heard something."

Venus pulls out her daggers as they make their way back out of the room. She walks cautiously behind Scott as they make their way down the stairs again. They walk past the dining table again, paying it no mind, but something catches the girls attention.

"Scott." she whispers warily, pointing her finger at the table. The plates and cups were gone, in their place little brown circles where the table was protected from all the dust.

He gives her a sort of scared glance but they keep moving forward, she guessed he was probably hearing something. Or someone. The werewolf turns the corner at the kitchen, leading them back to the front door. His head nudges towards the next hallway, giving her the hint.

Venus raises her arms ahead of her, weapons at the ready as they round the next corner. The tip of her dagger almost meets Liams throat, the beta jumping back with a shriek at the sight. The Nymph lets out a groan and puts her arms back down next to her, looking between the boy and his best friend.