CHAPTER NINE

Venus had a long night of twisting and turning and all around restlessness. She couldn't get Stiles' voice out of her head. They were now knew more than ever how real he was and that's why she dragged Scott out of bed early the next morning to go talk to Noah. Without Claudia. The Sheriff leads them into his office and shuts the door behind them, evidently still processing the story they told him about Stiles.

"You heard a voice coming through the radio, and now you're convinced that it's the voice of-"

"Stiles." Venus interrupts him before his voice could rise even more. "Your son."

Noah rubs his eyebrows, trying to ease the tension building up in him. "Uh-huh. And maybe it's just a random signal cross."

Scott pulls out the set of keys they're found on Peter last night and smacks them down onto the desk. "Peter gave us the keys to the Jeep and it started right up. Claudia's Jeep."

"Wait, so now I'm supposed to trust Peter Hale?" Stilinski yells, his face scrunching up.

"I want you to trust me." Venus retorts defiantly, averting the mana gaze back to her. "I heard Stiles. I know it's him and I know he's your son. Noah, please, you know me. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't completely believe in it, in Stiles. If you had heard him on that radio then-"

"Well I didn't."

"But if you had-"

"Enough! The two of you, enough!" Venus flinches at how loud his voice had gotten and Scott places a gentle hand on her shoulder, fully knowing how much this meant to her. Noah shoves the keys and the notebook back at Scott, not having the willpower to even look over at Venus who was now stood with her back to them.

She lets out a quiet sniff before turning back and grabbing Scott's hand. "We're sorry for bother you, Sheriff."

The werewolf puts his arm around her shoulders and leads her out of the station and back to her car. "Are you okay? I know it was kind of harsh but we-"

"I'm fine, Scotty." she gives him a small smile. "We should see if the others had more luck."

•••

And they had. Lydia, Isaac and Malia had spent a couple hours in the school library looking fo any indication on what or who Canaan could be. The general agreement seemed to be that it was a town and Malia had found an old map in the school library, from almost thirty years ago, but Canaan was on it. And there they were, stuffed in Malias car on their way to the mysterious town.

It took them a couple hours to get there, Venus' legs becoming increasingly cramped from where she was squeezed in the middle of the back seat, her head resting on Isaac and his resting on hers. Lydia and Malia were both sat up front, Isaac on her right and Scott dozing off on her left shoulder. They looked like a set of dominos that collapsed on one another.

It didn't take long for Malia to park on the side of a road leading into what looked to be a ghost town. Venus couldn't explain it but it was like something came here and sucked all the life and color out of the town. Venus lifts her head, subsequently moving Isaac off her and pokes Scott multiple times to wake him up.

The alpha looks out the car windows, his eyebrows furrowing at the sight. "Where are we?"

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Venus asks next as her eyes continue to scan the street around them.

Malia shrugs from the front seat. "According to the GPS, this is it."

The pack climbs out of the car, moving to stand in the middle of the road in order to further investigate their surroundings. All around them were abandoned buildings, tumbleweeds making their way across the road and getting snagged on multiple objects.