CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

"We can still catch him." Malia states as they come to a halt behind Scott. They had gone back for the Hellhound in the woods and Scott had a great inclination that it was Argent who killed him due to the bullet they had found with Fleur-De-Lis on it.

"Catch who?" Scott's asks breathlessly as he turns around to look at his friends.

"Argent. Or whoever killed the Hellhound. What else would she mean?" Isaac retorts, a little more aggressive than he intended.

"I was thinking we should get the bullet to Argent."

Lydia starts to step closer to the boy, the other three following after her. "Even if he's the one who fired it?"

"Especially if he's the one."

"It doesn't make sense though." Venus voices her thoughts. "Why would Argent kill a Hellhound? He's always been on our side ever since Allison made him change their code."

However, before anyone could even think of a solid reason why they would suspect Argent, Scott's ears start to perk up. He was listening to something.

"Do you hear that?" he asks, looking towards Isaac and Malia.

"Heartbeats." the boy answers.

Malias eyebrows furrow. "There's a lot of them."

"Hunters." Scott states, breathing heavily and looking around him in shock. "Run!"

The Alpha takes off in an instant, not giving his friends a second to think. The remaining four share a look before starting to run after him.

"Scott, wait!" Lydia yells, trying to get the boy to calm down but he keeps running.

He soon reaches a clearing, in the midst of his panic not noticing that he was surrounded by people holding guns. The boy shifts, growling at everyone around him before attacking one of them who came running towards him hurriedly.

"Scott!" Lydia calls again as they reach the clearing and the boy starts to pick himself off the floor.

"Everybody, stay back." the Sheriffs voice sounds, the people surrounding them seemingly his deputies. "It's just a kid."

The deputies seem hesitant to let their guard down. "What's wrong with his eyes?"

"You heard the Sheriff. Stand down." Parrish steps in, finally convincing the deputies to set their weapons aside.

The four teens hurry over to the Alpha who was bracing himself on his knees next to the Sheriff. Venus leans down to look at him closely.

"You okay?" she whispers, but the boy only looks at her with worry.

The deputies disperse, going back to what they were supposed to be doing. Noah leads them off to the side along with Parrish, they seemed to be stood where they had found the dead Hellhound only a couple hours ago.

"I'm really sorry." Scott looks over to Noah, immense guilt lacing his words. "You don't think they saw anything, do you?"

Parrish stands up from where he was crouched on the ground assessing something. "No more than they're used to."

Noah looks over at the teens in confusion, as far as he knew, none of them were supposed to be in Beacon Hills anymore. "You guys wanna tell me what happened here?"

"He's a Hellhounds." Parrish was the one that answered.

"A dead Hellhound." Malia adds on.

"Yeah, I got that." Noah replies sarcastically.

Parrish shakes his head, looking over to Venus. "Well, I don't. I didn't think you could kill a Hellhound."