CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Venus gently rubs the sleep from her eyes as she pushes herself out of bed with a yawn. Checking the clock on her nightstand, she finds that it's already three in the afternoon and she had slept a lot. Then again, Stiles had been keeping her up almost every night since the Wild Hunt ended, so in a way she deserved this.

Ever since they brought him back, Stiles seemed to be attached to Venus' hip. They spent almost every night in each other's arms, until his dad decided to intervene, saying she'd still be there in the morning. Truth be told, Noah hated keeping the two apart, especially after what they went through, but Stiles needed to understand that everything was okay now.

The Nymph makes her way downstairs, finding the house empty of any other inhibitors. Walking into the kitchen, she finds a note written in Alinas perfect handwriting saying they had gone grocery shopping and that Isaac had gone to see Malia. She makes a mental note to ask him all about how that went later.

She makes herself a nice cup of iced coffee before making her way outside to get the mail. Immediately, a large red and white envelope catches her attention when she open the mail box. Her heart jumps in her chest, recognising the Stanford logo. She swallows harshly, not wanting to get her hope too high.

Letters had been coming in for her over the past couple weeks and she'd already been rejected from two of her options, which only left her with three other ones. In one quick movement, she grabs the letter and makes a beeline for the all too familiar house across the street.

"Good morning Mr. Stilinski!" she calls as the man opens the door for her, moving past him and moving up the stairs quickly. "Sorry, no time to talk."

She barrels into her boyfriends room, successfully startling him where he sat on his desk. However, his shocked expression quickly turns into an amused one as he takes in her appearance. "Why are you still in your pajamas?"

"Because someone likes to talk and braid my hair all night." she sarcastically states before slamming the letter down onto his desk. "It came."

Stiles' eyes almost bulged out of his head at the sight of it. "That's a Stanford letter."

"Yeah, no shit! Oh my God, can you open it? No, wait! They're gonna reject me, I've already gotten rejected twice, why in the world would Stanford accept me?"

The boy stands up quickly, grabbing hold of her shoulders to keep her shaking body still. "Venus. Whatever is decided in that letter has been decided, we can't change it. You still have other options, you can still apply to other places. It'll be okay."

She lets out a breath as his lips come into contact with her forehead. He reaches for the letter and takes hold of her by the waist, pulling her down onto his lap as he sits on his bed. The letter was held out for both of them to look at, Stiles patiently waiting for her to open it.

"Are you sure you don't wanna open it?" her boyfriend only tuts in response, shaking the letter for her to take as he rests his chin on her shoulder.

Venus finally grabs it, taking a deep breath before pulling it open, her hands slightly shaking. Her nimble fingers reach into the white envelope and pull out the paper that was neatly folded inside.

"Oh my God." Stiles speaks from behind her, his breath sending tingles down her spine as it comes to contact with her neck.