CHAPTER ELEVEN

"And where the hell have you two been?" Alina stands in the front hall of their house, arms crossed over her chest as she glared over at them. Venus let out a groan and closes her eyes as she spots her step mother. "You ditched school, which earned me a very awkward conversation with Natalie Martin, thank you for that. And you come home in the middle of the night? Do you have any idea how worried we were?"

"Seeing as both of you seem to think I'm crazy lately, I didn't really feel the need to inform you." Venus retorts, pushing past and making her way up the stairs, Isaac following behind her warily.

Alina clears her throat, making the two of them halt. "I didn't hear an answer to my question."

"We went to Canaan, still trying to find Stiles. Goodnight."

She grabs Isaacs hand and pulls him into her room, she shuts her door a little harder than intended and lets out yet another groan. She only starts speaking when she hears the door to their parents room slam shut.

"I can't believe we're trusting Theo, again. Have they literally learned nothing? Don't even get me started on what seeing him again is doing to me right now, it's taking every ounce of my willpower not to march back to Scott's house and slit his throat open."

Isaac sits quietly on her bed, watching her chest heave as she rants on and on about Theo and how stupid Scott and Liam are, her chest heaving with every word. She eventually stops a few minutes later and slumps down next to Isaac, resting her head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." she huffs. "He just makes me so mad."

Isaac wraps an arm around her shoulders, completely understanding her view. "I get it. I wanted to kill him to. You died because of him, Vee, I don't think anyone's trusting him anytime soon."

Venus lets out a sigh, her heart skipping a beat at the memory of her death. She quickly shakes the feelings away, not wanting to go down that road at the moment.

"So, what happened with Malia?" she asks instead.

It was now Isaacs turn to sigh. "I don't know but it hasn't been working out for a while now. We've been fighting all the time and I guess she finally had enough of it. She said she didn't know who she was without me and she needed to figure it out."

"I'm sorry, Zikky." she takes hold of his hand in her own, hoping to comfort him any way she could. "But you can't blame her. She's been with you practically ever since she became human again, she needs time to just be her."

"I know. I just wish it didn't hurt so much."

"I know the feeling. I don't even remember Stiles yet it hurts not having him with me all the time."

"We'll find him, Vee."

"I really hope so."

•••

Lydia came by their house in the afternoon the next day, apparently she had made yet another break through and needed to talk to Venus. The two girls were sat on the porch swing outside, the brunette patiently waiting for her friend to start explaining.

"When Lenore locked you guys in the basement," she finally starts. "I had this conversation with her. She wasn't even aware how many years had passed, and apparently...she conjured Caleb herself."

Venus furrows her eyebrows at her friend. "Lydia, what are you saying? Banshees can bring back the dead?"

"No, no. I think...I think Lenore was trying to fill the void that the Ghost Riders left behind. She needed something to keep her sane while she missed something real."