FOURTEEN - PART 2

HUNTER

HUNTER

"What are you doing?"

"I am studying, Hunter." The sound of her voice from the other end of the call brought a smile to my lips. "What are you doing?"

"I want to take you out. You look beautiful, by the way."

"Hunter, I said I was – Wait, how do you know that?" I watched as she looked out the window from her spot on the bench, her eyes catching mine. "What are you doing outside my apartment?"

"I thought it would be romantic!" I answered with a shrug. "Now, come on. Let me take you somewhere."

"Hunter, I said I was studying."

"It's a beautiful Saturday afternoon, Angel. Are you really going to spend it all day inside?"

Her response was a low, audible sigh. From my view on the sidewalk, I knew she was contemplating.

"How long will this take?" she finally replied.

"Wow, are you putting a time limit on my romantic gesture?"

Dylan laughed, "I have a test on Monday!"

"A few hours."

"You promise?"

I smirked. "No."

"Will you finally tell me where we are going?"

I grinned. "I don't want to ruin the surprise. Don't worry, Angel, we're almost there."

I noticed her cheeks tint a shade of red, hearing her nickname. She was still getting used to me calling her that, but I could tell she liked it. Besides, it suited her perfectly.

The long drive felt shorter than usual. I assumed that was because of my company, whose sweet voice kept a smile on my face the entire time. Turning the car onto a side street, I drove us along a narrow dirt path with large trees on either side. Within a few seconds, the narrow path opened to beautiful scenery.

Slowing the car to a stop and shifting the gear into park, I turned my head to the side, "Here we are."

I got out of the car, hurried over to her side and opened the passenger door.