THIRTY-SEVEN - PART 1

AN: when this book is all over, I hope you will stick around. i have other stories (HEADLINE & KILLSHOT) that I would love for you to check out <3

new aesthetics I made and posted on twitter @ normiesandwich

When love can't be expressed out loud, it's interesting to see how powerful it can be when forced to hide in plain sight

A testament of our strength was breaking the kiss at the first sound of Lily's distant squeals of joy, followed by Delilah's voice telling her daughter to be careful while running. I had trouble hiding my smile as I stared at Hunter.

God, I was so in love with him.

I never thought someone's heart could be captured like this - I always assumed it was something only seen in movies or written about.

Growing up, I never saw what true love looked like. My parents only loved each other as an act for their acquaintances or social gatherings. But once the doors closed, that act of love switched off. Even though I knew they weren't an example of what to strive for in a relationship, I would always fear I could never open my heart to someone the way I should.

And yet, I did it with Hunter. Not just once but twice.

Here I was, breathtakingly in love with the man standing before me.

It was almost painful to force my eyes away from him.

Running full speed into the backyard, Lily gasped as she saw the large bouncy house. "A princess party?"

Before the girl could run off to her castle, Delilah stopped her and said, "Hold on, missy! Thank your Aunt and Uncle for setting this up for you first!"

Lily looked over at the two of us, then at the castle, then back to us. A perplexed, annoyed look furrowed her brows - it was clear she just wanted to play. And to be honest, I couldn't blame her. If I were her age, I would want to do the same.