THIRTY-FIVE

since i know not everyone reads AN's at the end... just wanted to say a quick thank you to 2 years of 18! appreciate everyone that's stuck around and is reading this right now. ily <3

correction: it's been 3 years but with the 1 year hiatus, lets just pretend its 2 and that I'm right

Angel.

I never thought I would love hearing him say my nickname - especially not as much as I did at this very moment. One simple nickname made my heart skip a beat, and butterflies flutter around my stomach.

Hunter rocked back and forth, shifting the weight on the balls of his feet. "I... I just, uh," he stumbled, "Sorry if you were, uh, already asleep..." His eyes travelled down to my dress. "Oh, I guess you weren't. I mean unless you were wearing that to bed?"

I hadn't seen Hunter like this before, all flustered and nervous. It seemed cruel to admit I liked it, but I did; seeing him stumble through his words was quite adorable.

"I wasn't asleep," I assured him, trying to hide my smile.

"Right, right, of course." Clearing his throat, his eyes shifted to the ground. "I just, uh, wanted to..." he paused again, "Know when you were thinking of getting up tomorrow?"

Deciding to play along, I answered, "Normal time, I'd assume. Probably around eight."

Hunter nodded, rubbing a hand across his face as he appeared lost in thought.

"When were you thinking of getting up tomorrow?"

"Same time," he said, finally allowing his eyes to focus back on me. "Do you want pancakes?"

"Right now?"

His eyes widened. "Oh, shit. No, I meant tomorrow. I thought since we'll be up at the same time and all, we could have breakfast together." He paused as if trying to gauge my reaction. "We don't have to have pancakes," he continued. "We could have eggs. Or cereal. Or I'm happy to make the food, and we eat in separate rooms if you want. Or we could..."

As Hunter continued with his breakfast ramble, I could feel those butterflies swarm my stomach with every pressing second. God, he was cute when he got nervous.

"Hunter," I finally interrupted, "I appreciate your keen interest in breakfast tomorrow morning. But is that really why you're here?"

The silence between us never seemed so loud.

Every second that passed caused me to question everything. Was he really only concerned with when I was waking up for breakfast purposes? Oh, god. Hunter didn't come back for me. He came back for my pancake order.

"No, it's not," he finally said, releasing a breath. "I only used that stuff about breakfast as an excuse."

Heart clenching with hope, I released a desperate, "Really?"