TEN - PART 1

"Dylan, please!" Abby groaned on the couch beside me, "You have the entire thanksgiving long weekend to study for this midterm

"Dylan, please!" Abby groaned on the couch beside me, "You have the entire thanksgiving long weekend to study for this midterm. Please come with me! Please!"

I looked over at my dark-haired friend and let out a long, dramatic sigh, more for effect than anything else, "Fine. Give me five minutes to finish this question."

Abby sprang to her feet, jumping up and down as she clapped her hands with a broad grin slapped across her face, "I'll go pick out your outfit!"

As she ran off to my room, I turned back to my work. Going to a party tonight wouldn't hurt, I knew that much. I especially knew Abby didn't want to go alone, and her constant begging was more about that than actually caring if I attended. I didn't mind. I would show up, wait for her to find the guy she was dying to see, and then make a swift escape. However, the thought of going out tonight formed a twist in my stomach, which only seemed to grow the more I attempted to shake the feeling.

I closed my notebook and placed it on the coffee table before getting up from the couch. Walking into the kitchen, I grabbed two glasses from the cupboard and filled them with wine from the fridge. Maybe a drink would help settle the unknown nerves brewing inside. I let out a deep breath, taking a sip from one of the glasses as I walked into my room. Abby had already begun digging her way through my closet, sporting a top of mine she had seemed to find for herself. I placed her drink on the desk and sat on my bed, waiting for her to find something, taking another sip from my cup.

"Here." She held up a dress. "Put this on, and I'll even let you wear your sneakers."

Letting out a laugh, I rolled my eyes as I snatched the fabric from her. "Thanks, mom," I said sarcastically as she turned to the vanity to apply some makeup.

Undressing from my current attire of sweatpants and an old sweater, I slipped myself into the black dress. It was short with thin straps and clung to my body. It wasn't an outfit I was uncomfortable with wearing. In fact, I quite liked it. However, the clothes I previously had on which were now on the floor were still much more desirable.

"Perfect," Abby said in approval as she looked over at me.

Reaching for my arm, she pulled me over to the vanity, and pushed me down into the chair. As she applied my makeup, I listened to her talk about Jake. The two of them were too stubborn to admit their true feelings to each other. But it was clear to see. She liked him, he liked her. Was it so hard for them to just admit it to one another and finally call each other boyfriend and girlfriend? Apparently, it was. It wasn't, however, for everyone else around them, who called them as such.

"Is Hunter going tonight?" she asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm not sure."

"You're not... sure?" Her eyes flashed to mine in the reflection of the mirror, her eyebrows scrunching together ever so slightly.

"We've only been out a few times. It's not like I need to know his whereabouts all the time," I said with a light laugh.