Chapter 12

April 2014

"More shoes? I will bring them to the closet," Karlie says kneeling on the floor, as she goes through the boxes that remain unpacked.

Taylor is kneeling on the opposite side of the room, doing the same as Karlie, but working at a much slower pace. She can't take her eyes off the model, and the unpacked boxes are going untouched as a result.

Taylor is still trying to process what happened seconds after Karlie entered her apartment. The singer definitely hadn't planned on greeting her friend in that way, but she physically couldn't contain herself. It scared her, if she was being honest, that Karlie's presence had such a hold over her.

Taylor watches as the long legged model gracefully stands up, bends over to pick the cardboard box off the floor, to carry away to her new closet. Even barefoot, the model's height is shocking. She had an overwhelming aura between her height, effortless strut, head always held high. She overflowed of confidence.

Taylor is surprised at how many empty boxes surround Karlie's workspace, as she now has the chance to examine the room without distraction. The model was working as quickly as possible, in the hopes to settle Taylor in sooner rather than later to ease some of the singer's stress. Taylor had constantly been surprised with each box Karlie opened at how little questions the model needed to ask Taylor, she seemed to know exactly where Taylor wanted things to be placed, even before Taylor knew herself.

Her apartment was finally coming together with the help of the model.

As Karlie pads back into the living room smiling, she walks over to Taylor hands outstretched to pull Taylor up.

"Let's go out for a bit, we have been unpacking for a while. I, for one, have made a lot of progress. You, on the other hand..." Karlie says, still holding onto Taylor's hands as she kicks one of the only four empty boxes by Taylor.

"Shut up, I unpacked everything else by myself the last couple of the days. It isn't my fault I am not as enthusiastic today about it," Taylor says, her competitive side coming out.

"Well, I still win with the most boxes," Karlie says smiling, pulling Taylor closer to her.

"You make me not want to thank you for unpacking them," Taylor says trying not to smile back at the beaming model.

"Hmm," Karlie hums, as Taylor is finally pressed up against her. The singer shyly smiles at her friend, a hint of a blush blossoming. Karlie leans her forehead against Taylor's own, and allows her lips to softly graze the shorter girl's cheek. "This isn't what I was expecting," Karlie says softly.

"I missed you," Taylor replies, not really acknowledging what the younger girl was getting at.

"And I missed you."

"Are we going out, or what?" Taylor asks, wriggling her hands free from Karlie's in order to wrap her arms around the back of the taller girl's neck. Karlie wraps her now free arms around the small of Taylor's back, bringing her even more tightly against her than before.

"Do you want to?" Karlie asks.

"I guess so," Taylor says, however making no move to break their embrace.

Taylor pulls her head away from the model's and rests it instead in the crook of her neck an shoulder. They remain like this silently, appreciating the physical contact that they had missed for the past month, allowing unspoken conversation to flow between the two.

Karlie rests her lips against Taylor's neck before saying, "I hate to do this, but I am actually hungry."

Taylor does her best to suppress a shiver from wracking her body at the feeling of Karlie's words vibrating against her neck. "Okay, let me get changed," Taylor replies, breaking away from Karlie without looking at her.