Chapter Two :: Busy Schedules

A/N: as you all know by now when I finally finish writing an update I am too lazy to go back and read it for errors, so hopefully there isn't anything too wrong lol but you always let me know if there is in the comments...definitely do that so I can fix it. ALSO THERE SHOULD BE PICTURES IN THIS UPDATE if you are not getting pictures try deleting and re downloading the app. Enjoy :)

September 13, 2014

Funny enough, sitting in the makeup chair with a team made up of a half dozen makeup artists and hair stylists frantically milling about her is just about the most relaxing setting Karlie has found herself in these last few days. It's New York Fashion Week. For days she's been going from one runway show to the next. In the last few years she's cut down on how many runways she's walked. It came as a relief to her when she got to the point in her career when she was getting so many campaigns she didn't need to do quite as much stressing and hurrying during fashion weeks...but now, if she really did plan on taking a premature break from this life with Taylor, she figured there was no time at all to pass on any opportunity. In a year and a half's time, she may be holed up somewhere with Taylor with absolutely no work to think about at all. She might as well work as hard as she can now and leave it all out there before taking a break with Taylor.

Unfortunately for them, Taylor obviously has had the same philosophy. For the first time in a long time, they've both been in New York City for days, only minutes apart, yet they haven't gotten the chance to see each other. Of course texting and phone calls have been littered throughout the four or five days of rushing around, but no secret rendezvous have been able to occur. Their apartments are ten minutes apart, yet nothing could be done.

Now that is busy. Karlie shifts a bit in her chair and ignores the slightly reproving glances the stylists throw at her. Normally they wouldn't mind at all, normally there'd be friendly chatter between all parties, but Karlie arrived a bit late because the last show ran a bit late-- which is essentially a summary of fashion week in general. She'll be walking down the runway in sixteen minutes, roughly, whether she's perfectly ready or not.

"Hey," Jourdan says happily, squeezing her way in between Karlie's makeup chair and the mirror she'd been been lost in thought staring at.

"Hello," Karlie says with a smile as she grabs her friend's wrist in greeting. They've been seeing each other periodically throughout these last few days, but neither have had a space of time yet to really catch up.

"Excited for tomorrow?" Jourdan asks, eyebrows raised suggestively.

"Tomorrow? You mean tonight, right?" Karlie asks slowly.

Jourdan appears just as confused as Karlie, with a smile on her face. "I thought you told me tonight."

Karlie rolls her eyes and slumps further into her chair. "I"m losing my mind." She's fought off dozens of yawns in the last few hours, yet nonetheless she has still felt as though all she's done is yawn all day.

"Aren't we all," Jourdan says under her breath as she takes out her phone. "Cara will know."

"Taylor will definitely know but I'm not about to call her and tell her that we both forget what day we're having dinner at her apartment," Karlie replies.

Jourdan sits perched on the makeup table, already all done up for the show. The makeup is exquisite, as always at these shows, but Karlie can see through it and see how exhausted her friend is, only because she's known her for so long. Her extra thin yet strong frame doesn't sit quite as alertly as usual. Every model in the room is probably just as tired, especially since a good majority of them are jetlagged. That won't be Karlie until next week when she flies out.