Chapter 13.2

August 3, 2014

"I think we should just get up," Taylor suggests, running her cupped hand along Karlie's arm.

"Mmm," Karlie mumbles in response.

Somehow, despite the sheer earliness of the hour, both girls found each other to be coincidentally awake at the same time. Taylor, however, is far more alert than Karlie.

"The sun is probably rising, we can see it," Taylor says, now running both hands along the dip of Karlie's back, the model mostly still asleep on top of her.

"Or go back to sleep," Karlie replies slowly, her voice a messy mumble of what it usually is.

"But we're both awake," Taylor replies.

"Go to sleep," Karlie says, clumsily and blindly putting a hand on Taylor's face as they lay cuddled in the bed, her intent possibly being to cover Taylor's mouth.

"I'm not an alarm clock! You can't press snooze," Taylor laughs slightly, grabbing Karlie's hand and gently pushing it away.

"Why are you awake?" Karlie asks.

"Maybe because I'm excited and now I can't sleep," Taylor answers.

"Mmm," Karlie mumbles again.

Taylor dramatically sighs but doesn't get any sort of reaction from Karlie, even when she lightly kisses her cheek and massages her bare shoulder blades. Taylor gives up, but is too restless to stay securely boxed in beneath Karlie's body, so she tries to very slowly and carefully push at her shoulders, and roll out from beneath her. It's not easy, and her long, lanky sleeping girlfriend doesn't help Taylor out in the least. When Taylor manages to swing her legs out from beneath her, she is mostly able to wiggle her way to freedom from there.

As Taylor pulls a wrinkled t-shirt she retrieves from the tangled sheets over her head and a pair of panties from her bureau drawer, she smiles watching Karlie sleepily adjust to her changed environment as she wraps her arms around a pillow beneath her as she had been doing to Taylor all night.

She eases her bedroom door open, her cats quietly padding closely behind her, happy to be getting their breakfast earlier than usual. The house is dimly lit, the morning sun still in the midst of rising in this beach town. The balloons Taylor has to walk through once walking down the stairs to the first floor are far more deflated than they were yesterday, but Taylor isn't worried about it. The majority of the floorspace is still covered by colorful latex.

She loses the cats along her way to the kitchen, as they've become far more distracted with the light balloons, pawing at them curiously.

"Okay," Taylor speaks to herself quietly, glancing about her kitchen as she considers what she has to do to get ready for the day ahead. The first things that catches her eye are the desserts she had baked for Karlie, a variety of cookies and brownies. She busies herself arranging them in a circular overlapping pattern on a colorful platter, before covering them tightly with plastic wrap, ready for the Kloss family household.

Just when she gathers avocados, tomatoes, onions, salt, and peppers to make homemade salsa and guacamole dips, Karlie comes into the kitchen rubbing her eyes. She's sporting a similar t-shirt and lace pantie attire as Taylor, and her hair is sticking up in odd, yet perfect, places, looking far more tired than someone should look.

"Good morning," Taylor says in greeting, trying to fight an amused smile from taking place. Karlie mumbles an unintelligible reply, still looking a bit unsteady on her feet. This time Taylor can't help but laugh softly to herself, as she steps forward and lightly kisses Karlie's lips, saying, "Happy birthday, babe. You know you can go back to sleep, right?"