Chapter 17

April 26, 2014

It has been close to two weeks since Taylor has seen Karlie. For some reason, after spending two straight weeks together in early April, Karlie has suddenly become so busy she can't even go out to lunch with the singer. Taylor is sure the model has been avoiding her, and at first Taylor had been happy about that, hoping that her friend could maybe go back to her uncomplicated life. Of course Taylor was sad, and she missed her, but she wanted what was best for her best friend, and that meant as little of Taylor in her life as possible. However, as the days wore on, Taylor missing Karlie began to severely outweigh her happiness for the younger girl. She couldn't bare being apart from the model, especially when she was minutes away.

Karlie had given her a list of places to see in New York. A list of restaurants, bakeries, coffee shops, and bars that Karlie recommended Taylor explore. When Taylor received the text message of the list, however, to her it just meant they wouldn't be going to see these places together. Karlie wasn't going to be the tour guide she had promised to be when Taylor first thought of moving to New York City. She couldn't help but feel slightly angered by it, because after weeks of asking the model daily if they were okay she would always reply that of course they were okay. Karlie wasn't acting like they were. Taylor took a big chance moving here, Karlie knows Taylor has far less friends in this city than she does in LA, and Taylor has been beginning to feel slightly abandoned. She has spent time with Lena Dunham, Sarah Hyland, and Cara Delevingne and she has had her fun with them (often using Karlie's list to choose their nights out) but all of them are in New York City far less than Karlie is, yet they found time for Taylor.

The only explanation Taylor could come up with is that Karlie is scared to spend time with her now, in case they were incapable of spending time together as just friends anymore. Talking on the phone was safe, and it was never awkward, but they hadn't spent time together since the morning Karlie had given Taylor an ultimatum.

Taylor still has strong feelings for Karlie, but her friendship with the model is critically important to her too. She was her best friend after all, and she had become dependent on the younger girl's presence. Taylor missed her more than anything and as selfish as it is, she basically is forcing the model to spend time with her today. Karlie had said she was busy, as usual, but Taylor had insisted. The younger girl settled by asking Taylor if she wanted to go to the gym with her, probably expecting Taylor to say no.

"Of course," Taylor had chirped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://tswiftdaily.com/post/83952744438

When Taylor walks into the unfamiliar gym for the first time she is in awe. The gym's wall facing the outdoors of the city is made of a massive glass window, from floor to ceiling. It is a shocking sight, a uniqueness Taylor has never witnessed when going to the gym. The other wall is entirely a mirror, from floor to ceiling much like the window.

Karlie is sitting on the floor, cross legged stretching, wearing jogging spandex and a sports bra.

"Are you planning to work out today?" Karlie laughs, taking in Taylor's navy blue buttoned dress and heels.

"I brought a change of clothes," Taylor answered, mostly in awe of the sight of Karlie. The gym is ethereal as it is, with the incredible lighting concocted between the massive window and the reflecting mirror, but with Karlie in the middle of the otherwise empty shiny hardwood floor it has a downright heavenly effect. Taylor's goal today is to prove to Karlie that they can hang out together as friends, so the last thing she should be doing is appreciating Karlie stretching while wearing a sports bra in a well lighted room. Taylor tears her eyes away from the younger girl to glance around the massive singular space. "Where are all the machines?" Taylor asks, realizing how incredibly empty the room is.