Chapter 28

June 30, 2014

"You keep falling asleep, how are you going to watch the movie?" Taylor complains, as her and Karlie bicker over whether to watch yet another episode of Law and Order or a movie.

"I've had a very long and eventful day. I can't help that I'm tired," Karlie replies.

Taylor just cuddles in closer to the model as a response, knowing that what she has said is true. Hours after their first time together, they are still under blankets together with no clothing to come in between their skin's contact and warmth. Taylor wouldn't wish for it to be any other way.

"Shoot, Austin just texted me. He's going to be back in a couple minutes," Taylor says looking at her phone. Taylor sighs and says, "I have to get out of bed."

"Are you sure?" Karlie asks, wrapping her arm around the singer tighter.

Taylor softly laughs, "Yeah, I'm sure. Just stay in here, I'm going to tell him you're sleeping over. I'm just going to ask how his day was and stuff for a couple minutes."

"You're going to be quick?" Karlie asks.

Before Taylor can even roll her eyes and assure her that she would be back as soon as possible, Karlie's lips are on hers. Taylor sighs into her lips, still enjoying each and every kiss the model and her have shared today. Something about being to so freely kiss each other was liberating, unique, and new to them. Although their lips were familiar to each other, their situation was not. They were finally allowed to enjoy each other this way without any drama. They were each other's to adore and to touch, each other's to have. They couldn't get enough of each other, just relishing in something as simple as kissing was enough to leave Taylor breathless with her heart racing. It was all so surreal that they were finally at this place.

The singer leans away from Karlie first. "I seriously have to let him in now," Taylor replies, seeing that Karlie's face is flushed with color because of their kiss. It was a nice feeling for Taylor to see someone just as affected by a kiss in the same way that she is. "Should I heat up some leftover lasagna I have in the fridge for dinner and bring it back up here?" Taylor asks, as she sits up in the bed clutching the sheets to her chest.

"Do you have salad or something?" Karlie asks, sounding distracted as she gently tugs at the sheet covering Taylor up.

"You're going to eat lasagna and you're going to like it," Taylor replies, rolling her eyes. "Stop it," Taylor says, elbowing Karlie's hands away. "Don't look at me, I have to put clothes on."

Karlie laughs at Taylor's request. "After what we did you don't want me to look?" Karlie asks, an amused smile on her face.

"Shut up," Taylor mutters, before quickly shifting position and getting out of the bed. She faces away from the bed as she quickly walks over to the pile of clothes Karlie had dropped on the floor when they had moved to the bedroom. "I'm wearing your clothes because it's easier," Taylor says, as she picks up Karlie's teeshirt and jogging spandex off the floor. Once dressed, she takes a peek back at Karlie, cheeks pink, but the girl's once amused green eyes have a very different emotion in their depths. The look of them make Taylor's cheeks darken from pink to red as she leaves the bedroom telling Karlie to stay where she is.

Taylor's heart is still racing when she opens the apartment door for her brother. The hold Karlie's green eyes have over her is both terrifying and exhilarating. Being away from them will only become harder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karlie can't help but feel surprised at how comfortable she feels completely bare in Taylor's bed alone. She knows that she shouldn't be, in the past couple of months she's had more than her fair share of nights familiarizing herself with the singer's king sized mattress and her soft linens, but now everything was different. She was allowed to feel at home here, allowed to enjoy the singer's scent that surrounded her and the warmth she left behind.