Chapter 23

Once again, I didn't proofread this. It is too long to go back and read through and I just want to upload it right away. So please tell me if there are any mistakes that I need to correct! I will really appreciate it.

June 12, 2014

When Taylor's eyes pop open, she is instantly excited. She doesn't think she has ever genuinely woken up excited before, not like this. She didn't even need to spend any time really waking up and thinking about her day, she truly woke up already excited. Tonight was the very last night of the Red Tour, and her last day away from Karlie. Tomorrow they would be reunited after an incredibly long and hard month apart.

The blonde singer sits up in bed and stretches her arms far over her head releasing a yawn. Glancing at her phone she sees that it is 8 in the morning. She usually never wakes up so early on tour, often exhausted after performing. She is a little upset that she wasn't able to sleep in as usual because she already knew the day was going to drag by as she counted down the hours until seeing Karlie again.

They haven't spoken since their last late night phone call, but Taylor considered it their sort of cheat night. They both planned on taking some time apart and thinking about everything, but eventually both of them couldn't bare going without each other for so long. But now, finally, the drought was over.

Taylor slides open her lock screen and blushes seeing the last Safari page that she had open. She had sunken low enough to go on YouTube and look up 'Karlie Kloss interviews.' As embarrassing as it was, it actually provided a temporary solution to a lot of the longing Taylor felt. She was never going to let Karlie know that though.

Taylor glances at the time once more and has no idea how she is going to spend the extra hours of her morning that she wasn't expecting to have. Not so shamelessly, Taylor decides to type in 'Karlie Kloss' to her search bar once more and see what she has been up to. At this rate I should just set a Google alert.

The headline she sees makes her heart drop into her stomach. She is dumbfounded staring at the title. It can't be right. Should she click on it? Is that tiny square image a picture? Taylor clicks to see what 'Cara Delevingne Gets By With A Little Kiss From Karlie Kloss!' is all about. The instant the page loads is the instant Taylor regrets ever googling Karlie's name. It hurts her to look, but it is impossible to look away.

There is no doubt about it, Karlie and Cara are kissing, wide open in the middle of the street, for anyone to see. Taylor's eyes instantly fill with tears. What the hell is going on? She could deal with Josh, she was used to dealing with him. She knew how to avoid things she didn't want to see or hear about regarding their relationship as well. But this..what was this? What was she looking at? What has been going on in New York City since she left?

She can't help but think about how little she knew of what Karlie has been doing this month, and how distant the model has been. Of course she is distant, I was a huge bitch last time I saw her. But what was going on here with Cara and Karlie? Taylor knew that Cara was no stranger to kissing girls, but wasn't Karlie supposed to be? After all the intimate conversations her and Karlie have had trying to figure out their new feelings together, how was Taylor supposed to feel staring at this picture? Taylor felt betrayed. She felt thrown aside and used.

A teardrop lands with a small splash upon the picture Taylor is still studying. With that, she shrieks and throws her phone across the room, hard. It slams the hotel room's wall with a bang before ricocheting into a lamp, both phone and lamp then clattering to the floor. Her iPhone screen is surely broken, along with the ceramic lamp, and her sleeping mother next door is probably no longer asleep.

She felt betrayed. She felt angry. She felt confused. She felt sad. She felt hurt. And worst of all, she felt forgotten about. Was none of this as special to Karlie as it was to her? Was she just one of the many women that Karlie would be moving onto, maybe to explore her sexuality more. Maybe it was naive or even ignorant of her to think that what they had must be special since their connection broke through the previous walls of sexuality that they had. And now here was a picture of Karlie with another girl, casual in front of all of New York. Although it is a ridiculous feeling to have, it would have hurt Taylor a lot less if she had been pictured with another guy instead.