Chapter 9.1

July 21, 2014 http://tswiftdaily.com/tagged/july+21+2014/

Karlie leans her head back against the private jet's seat, trying to stretch out her cramped shoulders without waking up Taylor. Karlie had spent their nearly ten hour long flight alone in consciousness. When Taylor's head drooped onto Karlie's side, she had considered herself lucky to be able to wrap her long arms around her sleeping girlfriend, providing her a much more comfortable resting place than the cushioned seats ever could. However, about two hours ago, she only slightly regretted this decision, when her body slowly but surely became sore from having kept the same awkward position for so long. She couldn't bare waking Taylor up though, only to move to a more comfortable sitting position.

When Karlie looks out the window, and sees that land is coming back into view, she puts her lips against Taylor's ear, and says softly, "We're home, baby."

Taylor comes to attention slowly and peacefully, sitting up from against Karlie and stretching her arms upward. "Already?" Taylor yawns.

"Psh. I'm glad it went by so quickly for you, anyway," Karlie replies, rolling her eyes.

"You could have slept," Taylor replies, "Don't complain."

"I couldn't sleep, you were snoring too loud," Karlie teases.

"I don't snore!" Taylor says, quickly turning her head to Karlie.

"Is that what you really think?" Karlie asks, her green eyes playfully shining, as usual, giving away her lie.

"You are the worst liar. A four year old could probably tell more convincing lies," Taylor laughs. "Can you stop smiling for, like, two seconds ever?" Karlie laughs and shrugs her shoulders. When Taylor stretches her arms out in front of her now, she abruptly pauses and says, "What the heck is this?" Staring at her painted finger nails, her all white nails now sport a single thumb, painted black.

"Oh, I got bored," Karlie admits as she laughs. "You had a bunch of nail polish in my seat's pocket!"

"Yeah, because I paint my nails on the plane when I'm bored," Taylor says, shaking her head at Karlie, her lips pursed to keep from smiling. "Was this necessary? At least paint all my nails, what am I supposed to do now?"

"That was my original plan! But then you moved your hand!" Karlie laughs.

"Why didn't you paint your own nails?!" Taylor asks, sounding more and more amused as she finds out more.

"Because I am really bad at painting nails and I didn't want to mess up my own," Karlie laughs.

Taylor simply shakes her head as her blues eyes shine in that familiar yet mysterious way that Karlie had been confused about for the last few days, yet she now recognizes it as obviously being love shining in her eyes.

They laugh at each other back and forth as they attach their seat belts, the plane beginning it's much more steady descent to ground level. When they land in the private hangar, and quickly transfer from the jet to the familiar black SUV that awaits them, Karlie is very quickly reminded of how far away they are from the Swedish forest, when she inhales her first breath of New York City air in five days.

"The air just felt cleaner over there," Taylor says, as they slide into the back seat, voicing Karlie's own thoughts.

Karlie agrees, as the SUV begins their drive downtown.

"What's the plan?" Karlie asks, looking out the window and appreciating the hustle and bustle of the city, her home.

"I still owe you lunch out, right?" Taylor asks.