Chapter 1

July 6, 2014

The moment that Taylor and Karlie separate from Taylor's security team when entering Taylor's apartment building is when the girls' lips greedily find each other, after spending hours surrounded by people while acting as nothing more than friends.

"We need," Taylor begins before Karlie's lips silence her once more, "To walk up the stairs," Taylor laughs as she finishes, pulling away once more.

"Mhm," Karlie hums, wrapping her arms tight around Taylor's waist to hold her close enough for another kiss.

Taylor laughs into the kiss, and slowly backs up, taking the stairs one at a time as Karlie follows, their lips never disconnecting.

"I'm actually glad your elevator is broken now," Karlie laughs, as she moves from Taylor's lips to her neck, still slowly following Taylor up the stairs to Taylor's apartment floor.

When a door is heard opening and closing, they quickly break apart just in time as another tenant of the apartment building comes down the stairs and passes the flushed pair of girls with a polite smile.

As soon as it's safe, they fall back into their previous behavior, slowly but surely walking up the stairs with arms wrapped around each other and lips desperately moving against the other. They're clumsy as they progressively climb the many levels of staircases to the top floor, caring more about feeling each other than gracefully moving up each step. Their giggles and noises of collision into the handrails echo throughout the entire stairwell.

After taking far longer than it should have, the girls are finally pressed against the exterior of Taylor's apartment door on the top floor of the apartment building.

Taylor spins around, disconnecting from the kiss, as she looks through her purse for her key. She's having difficulty with it as Karlie manages to become incredibly distracting when hugging her from behind and kissing her neck.

"Can you give me, like, two seconds?" Taylor asks as she tenses her shoulders and scrunches her neck, but laughing all the while.

"Wait! Allow me," Karlie says proudly. Taylor glances behind her at the model and is met with a very smug smile and playful green eyes, as Karlie pulls out her own key ring. "Which one is it again?" Karlie asks, flipping through the many keys on her keychain.

"Figure it out," Taylor replies rolling her eyes, deciding to now be the distracting one as her lips connect with Karlie's long neck. She felt a rush at seeing how happy Karlie was at being able to simply open Taylor's apartment door.

Karlie releases a hoarse laugh as she searches for the apartment key Taylor had given her a couple of days ago. Once finding it, she quickly jiggles it into the lock and pushes open the singer's door. Just as clumsily as the girls had climbed the stairs, they stumble into the apartment.

"I can't believe I had to be with you for so long without doing this," Karlie laughs as Taylor kisses her neck, pulling her by the shirt towards the couch.

They fall down onto the couch, Karlie crushing Taylor beneath her. When the model's long hands become as greedy as her lips are, Taylor pushes at her shoulders.

"Hey, wait a second, talk," Taylor says, laughing at how eager Karlie is.

"What do you mean 'talk'?" Karlie asks, lifting her head from Taylor's neck. Her green eyes are shining with anticipation.

"Tell me about your weekend. We haven't been able to talk yet," Taylor replies.

Karlie's eyes widen as she quickly reacts with a loud shocked and annoyed groan. "Now?! Right now?! We have to talk right now?" Karlie asks, sounding thoroughly disappointed.