CHAPTER 30

~ Quinn's POV~

Dectective James and I awaited patiently as Mrs. Olive wrote something on her clipboard before meeting our gaze.

"Quinn, how's it been? I haven't seen you in here since the Dean's case" She smiled brightly, offering her hand for a firm shake. She greeted Dectective James before informing us of the report.

"Victims: Derek and Ryan West. Age 32 and 30. I checked for any drug uasge in their systems but came out clean. However, alcohol was definitely present. Most likely the killer must've abducted them whilst in this state" she paused to place her clipboard down and began pulling of the sheet on the victims bodies, revealing an almost disfigured face.

"Right here" she said pointing at their hands. "The bruises formed here are quite similar to that of rope restraints, which gives the means they were intentionally tortured while conscious and-"
She pointed her gloved finger at Ryan's forehead that had a thin, hollow hole in the centre.

"Upon thorough determining, it seems that this is the cause of death despite the innumerable tortured areas, the murder weapon used here definitely killed him. It seems that the weapon had a sharp edge and thick body, which I presume it's either an x - acto blade or an awl or something of that sort".

I quickly glanced at James who was intently absorbing the information and taking notes.
She moved to Derek and opened his mouth. Even though I've been in this job for 8 years, I always feel nauseous but never displayed it.

"This one was murdered upon being stabbed. The damage to the tissues and irregularity suggest it. Maybe a kitchen knife, I cannot determine it as of yet. The note, was in a clear resealable bag, I sent it to the lab for fingerprints, but came out clean."
She went on to explain the rest of the autopsy report.

A full hour had been spent. Mrs. Olive is the best in her department, providing reports in detail.

"Oh and Quinn?" Mrs. Olive called as I paused midway from exiting.

"Yeah?" I glanced back at her.

"Make sure you find this arse" she deadpanned.

Don't worry we will...

~Yolanda's POV~

"Alright class, I'll be your temporary substitute teacher for today. My name is Trisha Mill. So, why don't we all turn to page 56?" Mrs. Trisha beamed.

She seems nice.

Just then Kate, the straight forward beauty queen, raised her hand.

"Yes? You have a question?" Mrs. Trisha asked politely.

"Uhh yeah. Where's Mr. Cain?" She asked sassily. This drew everyone's attention to Mrs. Trisha.

"Ohh... well, Mr. Cain left for some family matters and will proceed to take your classes from next week Monday. Ok then, page 56 everybody" she concluded, shutting all those who wanted to be extra.

Thank goodness it's Friday.

Bryce has been hanging out with us for the past two weeks and he has been very timid, mostly around me.

That was the only condition placed by Logan, You can be apart of our group as long as you don't create any problems and you stay away from Yolanda. If not, you're out. I pity him. I can see the guilt everytime he peeks a glance at me.

I know he has bothered me enough but everyone deserves second chances right? Well, I'm the victim, so I will talk to him and I'll hopefully make him feel less frightened of me.