CHAPTER 33

~Yolanda's POV~

"Good morning sunshine!" My dad exclaimed, awaking me from slumber.

I groaned and turned away from him, pulling my blanket over my head. Too chilly. I think staying in bed right now is the best choice.

Chase hopped on top of me and shook me playfully. I pulled the blanket off my face and threw daggers at him.

"Chase get off-"

"Wake up birthday monkey!!" My brother exclaimed.

Before I could utter another word, my parents bargged in, with goofy grins plastered on their faces, singing happy birthday joyfully. I propped myself up on my elbows, smiling at them as they sang and swayed along.

"Aww thanks you guys. Get in here!" I exclaimed, opening my arms out for an embrace. 

Without a hint hesitation, they  immediately engulfed me in a group hug. I've never felt happier in my life. With my stalker out of the picture, I can live my normal life again, with my crazy friends and amazing family. I wish this moment never ends.

~Dectective James~

I walked up their front porch and rang the doorbell. Quinn and I stood patiently until a beaming girl greeted us.

"Quinn? James? Good morning!" She greeted with a bright smile on.

"Good morning Yolanda. You look quite fresh and hyped" Quinn commented.

"Well, I guess the occasion is such.." she trailed off, glancing behind us then back at us.

"Sorry. Come in" she held the door open until we got in.

"Thank you. What's the occasion?" I asked, looking around at the boxes of decorations.

"Well, one is that my nightmare has finally ended and the other-"

"Its the monkey's birthday" Yolanda's younger brother, Chase teased, making Yolanda glare at him.

"Well happy birthday!" I wished Yolanda who smiled in response.

"Dectectives.. Good morning. What brings you all the way here? Oh please do take a seat" Mrs. Woods gestured us towards the lounge.

"What can I get you? Coffee? Tea? Wine?" Mrs. Woods asked politely.

"We're fine, thank you" Yolanda and Mrs. Woods took their seat across us.

"I won't take much of your time but I've got news" Quinn started off. I immediately sensed the change in atmosphere.

"Good or bad?" Yolanda asked, nervousness plain on her face.

"Its not good. James?" Quinn gestured me to break the news.

"We found Mr. Cain's body-"

"Alive?" Yolanda interrupted, her eyes sparkling with hope.

"Unfortunately no. He was found in an alley a few blocks away from your school"

"This can't be... he didn't deserve it. His family will be devastated. He was just mean.. that's all. Yet..." she trailed off, looking away with moist eyes.

"Do you remember what he said to you?" Quinn asked. I knew what he was hinting at.
She held her chin in deep thought.

"How about pathetic?" I asked, as her eyes lit up.

"Yeah.. that's one of the things he said..." she informed.

"Well, now we know why that word was engraved onto Cain's chest and forehead" Quinn mumbled and thankfully the ladies didn't hear it. It's better not to mention it, at least for now.