CHAPTER 61

Tirzah's POV⁓

Drip...

Drop...

Drip...

Drop...

An uncertain uneasiness settled heavily in my chest as if an anvil were placed there. Goosebumps crawled over my skin at the sudden, icy gush of wind.

Did I die?

Would you feel anything in death? What? That doesn't even make sense.

I peeked through my lashes before fully opening them. I couldn't really decipher my surroundings, despite it being dimly lit. Everything seemed unrecognizable and.... eerie.

Where am I?

I sat on a stark white mattress that appeared to be the only thing in the room. The grey paint on the walls were peeling off. There also seemed to be leakage at a few spots on the ceiling. To make matters worse? Absolutely no windows nor doors.

How did I even end up here?

The floor had a thick layer of dust covering it and to top it off, the room held a musty smell. If this room is so void and poorly designed then what of the house?

My eyes suddenly shot  down at my shirt.

Nothing. Not even a smear of blood. I inspected my stomach for potential wounds or stiches but again, there was nothing. It's as if nothing happened at all.

Memories of what occurred obscured my mind. I shot Brian. The police appeared out of nowhere. Brian somehow mustered strength and tried killing Logan. I took the blow. I saw Brian being apprehended. Logan, detective James, that lady cop was by my side and then everything blurred out.

Contemplating continuously on this caused my head to pound. So many questions but a drought of answers.

I suddenly felt like I had lost my sanity. I paused to breathe and calm down.

All of that happened.... did it? Of course, it did! I- I was stabbed.... I was bleeding.... I-I shot Brian....

As if on cue, out of the eerie darkness approached Brian.

"Finally awake I see. The trip really tired you out..." he knelt in front of me as I stared at him with dilated eyes.

The biting cold filled my lungs with every breath of the stale air that infested the room. The warm exhale was more palatable, but I braced as I inhaled fresh shards of ice to stab my throat again. The chill nibbled my skin, prompting me to shiver but I tried to conceal it.

"What's wrong, cupcake?" his warm hand softly caressed my cheek.

"Y-you were arrested.... I- I shot you but t-then you tried stabbing Logan but I-I took the blow. It happened.... this is just a crazy nightmare...." I blabbed mindlessly, mostly trying to convince myself as I sat in a state of shock.

"Don't worry you're in a 'crazy nightmare'....."

Brian snickered menacingly before pulling me close to him, our faces inches away.

"Or is it?"