CHAPTER 38

~Yolanda's POV ~

The page in front of lay blank and untouched as distressing thoughts kept racing through my mind.

Miss Green, our literature teacher decided to give us a pop quiz today since we completed most of our coverage. I couldn't even focus to answer question one! What was I thinking!? Coming to school would rid those thoughts? Well it ain't!

I guess Miss. Green noticed my broken state so she simply walked by, swiftly snatching the paper of my desk. I gazed at her as she gave wink my way. I mouthed a thank you as she stood by her desk.

Just this class and you're free...

I tried hard to keep all the negatives out of my mind but I to no avail. Probably because my whole life has turned negative.

A tear trailed down my cheek as I thought of my dad. When he was brought in, he was instantly rushed to ICU. The doctor feared he had major internal bleeding but luckily there wasn't. This is all my fault. Maybe I could've avoided this situation. Why? Why in the world do people have become so violent and merciless? So inhumane?

He lost lots of blood and they had to get a blood donar. They had to perform surgery specially on his severely fractured leg. Inserting metal wires which will be removed in 4 - 6 weeks time.

Apart from the various cuts and bruises, due to the powerful impact, dad's head received a mighty blow. As a result of his traumatic brain injury, he slipped into coma. He's been lifeless for a week now.

A coma usually only lasts a few weeks, during which time the person may start to gradually wake up and gain consciousness, or progress into a different state of unconsciousness called a vegetative state or minimally conscious state.

The doctor said that since he's responding, it's likely that he'll awake from his coma soon. I hope it's not too long.

You know what's so humorously psychotic? I received a message by none other than my lunatic stalker on that same day, while I was sobbing my aching heart out.

The message stated-

Hey gorgeous. I'm so so sorry. I didn't want to make you cry. I hate tears in your eyes. Why did your dad take your pathetic boyfriend's car in the first place? Do you know how long it took me to get the brake fluid out? I swear it was meant for that idiot Logan, not for your dad. I promise you.
-Love you forever-

What sick human being thinks it right to inform a girl about her boyfriend's planned accident? Like what in the actual!?
I tried hard not to arouse my anger so I diverted my attention to Miss. Green, who smiled pleasantly at me. That's when the bell rang.

At last, I'm free.

Pushing my way through the bustling crowd, ignoring the pitiful stares and attempts to 'comfort me', I made it outside. The chilly breeze sent gooseflesh
spreading throughout my body.

As I increased my pace towards my car, a hand gripped my wrist. I turned around swiftly only to meet Blake's grey orbs.

Is it me or does she seem... concerned? No, not concerned.. frightened to be more precise.

"Hey Blake. What's up?" I pulled my hand away from her and hugged myself, in an attempt to warm myself up.

She glanced around in alarm as if she were expecting to see someone.