CHAPTER 12

It's been one month since my first visit home. Though Logan and I made it permanent to make regular visits to home.
Life can't be better then now. I have my family, my friends with whom I constantly hang out with every weekend.

Logan and I, well , we've been spending more time with each other and it feels great.

On the other hand, I've been tutoring Brian. At first, I sucked at it but after a few days I got the hang of it plus it's a bonus for me to learn more. Can I get a pat on the shoulder... anybody?

I've been spending more time with Brian than my friends besides my boyfriend. They told not to be sad but happy that I'm helping someone out with my knowledge which is the bright side.. I guess? I love helping out and if it's by tutoring , then so be it. I'm just glad they understand especially Logan who wouldn't even allow a guy to step foot on my doorstep.

There were no texts from Unknown, how could I get them anyway... I blocked the person! Hooray to me!

I was so deep in thought that I didn't realize someone was tapping my shoulder lightly. I snapped out of my thoughts and turned from locker to face....

Adam.

He looked handsome; I mean I'm not checking him out I'm stating a true fact plus he's not my type anyway. His grey eyes scanning me then his surroundings then back at me. He looked nervous and shy too.

He opened his mouth to say something but smiled instead. We stood there in awkward silence looking at the each other. Ever since Adam met us at the diner he's been hanging out with us and I hate to say it but he's kind a weird... no offense.

At least that's what I feel. It's just the looks he gives me and Blake but Blake doesn't notice. Sometimes when we go out he'll want to talk to me alone. I don't know, maybe I'm just imagining things? Maybe those texts are really getting to you? Or maybe I'm being paranoid?

I flicked my finger in front of his face bringing him back to reality.

"Yolanda..... I- I need t-to talk to you ... um.... just hear me out please?" He asked stuttering the whole time. I noticed beads of sweat forming on his temples. He's nervous.... but why? I nodded my head and gestured for him to continue.

" I need y-yo-your help. I want....." he trailed off. His eyes darting everywhere else but on me.

"You want?" I asked rather impatiently.

He sighed deeply, frustrated at himself for being so damn nervous.
"I was hoping...... we... could team ur-p?" He asked with a sqeakiness in his words.

"Team up?" I asked, totally perplexed.

"I-I want you to be my part-ner! Because I like.... you know..." he stated giving away a blush.

Wait... what? Partners? But what about Blake?

"Stop right there Adam! How could you possibly think I could be your partner! I have a boyfriend to whom I'm committed to and my heart lies..." I choked on a few words as my emotions ran wild causing my eyes to fill with tears but I held them back before continuing.
"I was hoping that you'd go out with Blake who really likes you and here you are with me! How will she feel when she finds out!" I growled at him , my heart crushed from the thought of Blake finding out about Adam's confrontation with me. She would hate me!

"But I didn't-"

"Save it Adam. I'm not listening to another word you say. Don't talk to me and leave my friends alone!" I said, feeling both angry and sadness for being mean to him.