CHAPTER 8

< A WEEK LATER >

*Beep**Beep*

"Ugh.. just ten more minutes." I whined aloud , while putting my alarm on snooze.

< AN HOUR LATER >

I fell out of bed from the sudden vibration of my phone. I groaned as I hit the ground face first. Even though I was tired and irritated by the unexpected phone call I answered it anyway.

"H-hello?" I asked yawning.

"Yolanda! Are you still asleep? Girl it's like 7:30AM! Wake up!" Blake screamed making me jump.

"What! Ok.. uh.. gotta go.." I stated quickly.

I ran to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and I had to take a shower because well I didn't shower last night.

Hurriedly searching through my wardrobe, I decided to go with some skinny jeans, a simple black blouse and my white cardigan( just in case the weather turns gloomy) and let my long brown hair loose. I grabbed my things and stuffed them in my backpack.

I ran downstairs while putting on my black converse. I fed Max and grabbed the keys and locked the door. I checked the time-

~7:49AM~

Crap! I'm so dead! I drove off to school as fast I could not even bothering to eat breakfast.
I don't know how fast I drove here but I managed to get here three minutes before the dot of eight.

I pushed passed the bustling crowd of students and made my way to my locker.
I looked at the schedule in my hands. English lit. is my first class which is great cause I love English and biology and Physics. Nerd alert!!

I got so focused on setting my books in the locker that I didn't realize Blake was standing there all along.

"Hey! Made it in time I see. Here." She handed me a brown paper bag and a coconut milk cascara latte. I gave her a warm hug.

"What would I ever do without you?" I said while fishing through the brown paper bag to find a ham and cheese croissant.

"I guess you'd probably starve and get to school on the first day late" she said giving a smirk.

I raised a brow as I quickly devoured the croissant.

"Probably." I said wiping anything around my mouth and sipping the latte. Just what I needed.

The bell I hadn't heard of since last year rang indicating that all students should move to their classes. Blake and I both had the same class first so we pushed through the crowd, our arms entwined around each other.

We entered the classroom as I finished off the last of my latte. I threw it into the nearby trash can I tried to find a seat close to Blake. I took a seat in the third row , with Blake sitting in front of me.

The class was noisy and I started to get bored. Blake was busy talking to a girl, Crystal, who was Blake's crush's sister. I heard our English lit. teacher would be the same from the previous year which I don't mind at all but I know for sure that she is never late to class.... like never.

The chattering of the seniors in this room escalated. I took out my notebook and pencil and started doodling.

I smiled at my art while continuing the work. Then someone entered the classroom which I presumed is our English Lit. teacher because as soon as the person entered the class became pin drop silent.

"Sorry everyone I'm late. I had to get a few things sorted out so... ok! Good Morning everyone. How was your summer break? Anyways as some of you may know I'm Miss Green and I'll be your English Literature teacher for your last year" she said cheerfully.