CHAPTER 54

~Brian's POV~

'Woah, my love, my darling
I've hungered for your touch
A long, lonely time
And time goes by so slowly
And time can do so much
Are you still mine?
I need your love
I need your love....'

Are you still mine? Are you cupcake?

I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel and sang along to Unchained Melody.

Unchained....
She's lucky I'm not those type that locks their lover's in dark, eerie rooms, chained or tied up for days and depriving them of daily necessities.

But you did hurt her Brian....

"I know. I know, ok!? It was a foolish decision! I shouldn't have done that! I hurt her... I hurt her..." I gritted my teeth in frustration at my idiotic actions.

Why am I become violent and heartless?

Aren't you supposed to treat her with love? Inflicting pain will and has created a gap of fear and hate on her end. Your actions have made it worse!

"I know that's what I feared. My anger got the best of me and as a result, Yolanda suffered..." I told myself, regrettably and shamefully agreeing to my thoughts.

This is what I do quite often. It has helped me in the past to evaluate and handle situations. Talking to yourself isn't bad right? It doesn't mean I'm losing it, right?

Just when I thought my good thoughts would speak again the bad seeped in....

Look Brian...
Things happen. You know Yolanda got hurt but for good purpose. Think about it..
She'll treat you with respect now and show reference. She's a stubborn cookie and this has broken her. Don't be to hard on yourself. If you view it from the positive side, that'll actually help her realize and find love for you....

As much as I wanted to disagree to my evil thoughts, I actually smiled at it. Bright assurance finally settled in my heart.

"Don't worry Yolanda. I know there's one thing that's hindering you from loving me and I'm on my way to remove it...." I said gleefully as if she was listening to me but she was back at the cabin, sound asleep.

~Logan's POV~

The traffic wasn't too bad especially at this hour of the night. I got home a little after 10:15pm.

The lights weren't lit so I assumed mum and dad were asleep. I closed the door as quietly as I could, moving stealthy towards the kitchen. A note on the refrigerator caught my attention-

Hey dear. Not sure when you'll be back but when you see this know that your dad and I have left to pick up Daniel and Susan. They'll stay with us for a couple of days.....
P.S. Dinner's in the fridge. Don't leave any dishes in the sink!