CHAPTER 53

~Brian's POV~

The sun rose behind where there was a short display of upward crepuscular rays. At the moment the dreary weather allied perfectly with my dispirited nature.

I heaved a sigh of sadness, gazing at the tranquil lake ahead. Everything was peaceful but for a moment.

A single droplet fell gracefully on my hand. A storm was coming tonight. I could feel it. 'The calm before the storm'. That calm, ever so exquisite, changed too quickly than anticipated.

Towering cumulus clouds scattered the sky as low, rumbling thunder echoed across the expanse. There is this thickness in the air, the feeling of wetness upon my hands and face. 

After I cooled off, I went to check on Yolanda. She was fast asleep, curled up into a ball on the bed. She appeared so angelic when in slumber.

If only she were comfortable around me.....

I sighed in exasperation, running my fingers through my hair. I managed to fasten it to her ankle as she slept, oblivious to what was happening.

I wonder if she'll notice it.....

~Yolanda's POV~

Faint creaking in the dimly lit room drew my attention as I sat upright, rubbing my eyes in the process.

Once I regained my senses from my groggy state, I was about to place my feet on the floor when I was pulled backwards onto the bed again. Dazed after the sudden move, I tried getting up but before I could someone pinned my hands above my head while swiftly positioning themself on top of me.

I opened my mouth to speak but a face crept right close to my face, making me flinch.

"Brian-"

"Shush. Shut that little mouth of yours and just stay calm. I won't hurt you" a million red flags swarmed my head as I tried being optimistic of the situation.

Would he? No. Would he ever violate or try to defile me? No! He wouldn't but he did kidnap me, stalk me and inflict pain on others...

My heart drummed in dread, hoping nothing abominable would happen.

A sinister look was plastered on his face, his eyes displaying admiration or is it lust? Maybe both but I feel insecure under his penetrating gaze. As I continued wriggling hopelessly beneath him, I failed to notice his penetrating gaze on me or should I say on my lips.

He lowered his head to my neck, his hot breath causing my body to tense. He nuzzled into my neck making me gasp as he inhaled my scent.

"Gosh you smell so divine....." he mumbled into my hair.

"Brian please get off me. Please don't hurt me. Please" I pleaded hoping he'd heed and changed his mind.

I felt him smirking against my ear before whispering into it.

"I know what you're thinking. You think I'll violate you for my pleasure and trust me I have my urges but if I am.... I will make love to you it has to be consensual. Not forceful. I hope you realize that...." he spoke in a deep intimidating voice.

I almost let out a sigh of relief but my senses were still on high alert. He continued further to speak in my ear-

"Why don't we play a game, huh?" He suggested, moving to gaze into my fear stricken and fiery eyes.

"What kind of game?" I spoke through gritted teeth.

"Hm.... a game of freedom. I give you ten minutes to hide or run off, your choice. If you manage to escape me then well you've granted yourself freedom but if I catch you..... then know that fate has sealed your destiny with me.." my eyes widened in shock, almost popping out of its sockets.