CHAPTER 32

~Yolanda's POV~

Disappear....

Vanish....

I wish I could. I wish it would all end. The chicken sandwiches lay cold and almost soggy. The will to even eat had left me as images of Mr. Cain flashed through my mind.

It's confirmed. Mr. Cain is indeed missing and all officers are trying to find his whereabouts. The "deluxe beauty package" held the evidence that Mr. Cain has been captured. Or killed... I shrugged that thought out of my mind. Reality slowly faded away as I  pondered on last week Saturday's incidents... 

The box lay threateningly on my porch. After we ran out of the store, we called the detectives and my parents and briefly explained the situation. One of the officers drew near to the box cautiously as if an incendiary were placed in it. He opened the box with gloved hands, swept through its contents. The officer shook his head in dismay, looking towards the dectectives. After the forensic team dusted for fingerprints, the box was given to me. The moment I received the box, I instantly regretted it.

The box was divided. On one side was an envelope that I picked up. My eyes widened in consternation as I viewed the photos of Mr Cain. There were about ten photos of him. Each had something different to it. One captured him bound to a chair. One where a knife was slicing his cheek. One with hot candle wax dripping on his face.  I placed the photos back; too disturbed to go through it anymore. He looked so frightened and helpless. It was sickening. He is sick. He's crazy. Hurting innocent people for what? Me? What a motive...
There was also a note inside the envelope that said-

"Now Mr. Cain will never say anything drastic to you ever again."
-A-

That's when I noticed that slightly visible letter A.

An initial of Unknown's name? His surname? It could be an initial to anything, but he did what I wanted him to. To reveal himself even if it's an initial that may or may not help in finding him.

What did he mean by "Mr. Cain won't say anything drastic?" He killed him?
To answer my mental thought, Dectective James revealed something that was placed in a evident bag. It appeared pink and thick.

"What is that?" I  remember asking.

"That's a tongue... " I cupped my mouth and swallowed the bile that rose from my stomach.
That's Mr. Cain's tongue!? 

I glanced away from the revolting sight. This is awful. He didn't deserve it. I shut my eyes and weeped quietly to myself as my mum comforted me. DNA tests have to be run to determine if that  truly is Mr. Cain's tongue. I hope not.

The other side of the box contained photographs of me, wrapped neatly with a ribbon bow. The photographs captured me cooking, playing with Max, hanging out with my gals, laughing, at the beach during our last week of summer break. They appeared to be taken at such a close range.... 
He's been watching me since summer break?!!

Underneath it all lay a sketch of me pouting, gazing towards the sky. I have to say, it's a pretty and realistic sketch, but due to the current situation.... it appears as something vile to me.