CHAPTER 43

~Blake's POV~

"Start from the beginning" Quinn requested calmly, a serious expression plastered on his face.

Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, I started off.

"After our day out at the falls, we parted. Yolanda went with Lily to her place to keep her occupied while the others got things ready for Yolanda'd party...." I paused briefly, thinking of my next words. That day's incident was as clear as glass in my mind.

~The Day Of The Party~

We drove in awkward silence, not a single word was exchanged between us. No offense but I didn't have a choice to go with Brian, Logan's jeep was packed.

The irritating awkwardness was broken by Brian.

"Um.. do you mind if I stop by my place? I just need to check on some stuff.." he asked, eyes fixated on the clear road ahead.

"It's cool" I simply replied, while putting on my snickers.

We arrived at his house after approximately thirty minutes. With my jaw dropped, I stared at the exquisite mansion. My eyes grew so wide that it felt as if it were close to pop out of my sockets.

This place was twice as larger than my house. As we finished encircling the divine water fountain, I gazed at the precisely trimmed and well nurtured garden. I spotted my favorite flower among the diverse variety. A bed of classic roses.

Never would I have thought that Brian would live here. By the looks of it, he's opulent enough. Yet, now that I think of it, he has never mentioned anything about his lifestyle nor his family.

Why? Maybe because we didn't ask? How inconsiderate are we?

As I contemplated on these thoughts, I failed to realise the playful eyes gazing at me.

"Done?" Startled by his words, I gained composure and gazed into his blue orbs.

"Dude! You live here? No offense but you seem so humble that I would never have imagined you staying here!" I exclaimed, expressing my thoughts.

"None taken. I'll be right back" before I could reply he left the car swiftly, vanishing into thin air.

Where did he go?

Admiring the sight of the the vibrant flowers, my gaze shifted towards the vibrating in the car. It vibrated once than after a minute, another vibration than another. I had to resist the urge to grab Brian's phone that he apparently left behind.

It's none of your business Blake. Leave the phone. Maybe a sneak peek wouldn't cause too much trouble, right? What if it's something important? What if its from Logan who's probably wondering why we haven't arrived yet?

Though no one was around, I grabbed the phone stealthily. The phone was surprisingly unlocked.

Hehe.. lucky me!

There were three unread messages. I viewed the messages and raised a brow in question.

[Unknown:] Hey Brian. I know I shouldn't be messaging you after we discussed but I hate to disappoint. It's been a busy week of supplying people. Apparently I lost the piece of paper you handed me so I'm unsure of what you wanted....