NINE

"Hey lando, are you okay, are you hurt?" I asked taking a seat next to him. "I'm fine, just a bit sore." he said rubbing his neck. "Why did you call me here, I mean I would have come either way." I asked wanting to know why he wanted me. "I just needed to see you, I got so mad at everyone but I only thought of you." he said smiling shyly. "But why did you go so hard on Charles, it was just quali?" I didn't think he would still think of me but this was my opportunity to find out what I can.

He didn't say anything and placed his head in his hands. "Lando, please tell me you didn't crash because of me." I said with a serious tone. "Of course I did Ella, you said yes to go on a date with him and you expect me to be okay with that." he said with his voice raised. "You said you were okay with it,if you weren't I would've canceled it." I raised my eyebrows.

"You really think after I confessed my feelings to you that I'll be okay with it, feelings don't dissappear overnight." I then thought back to when we talked about it. "I told you it's better to be just friends." I said standing up. "Why Ella?" he said throwing his hands in the air. "Well firstly, you my brother's best friend, second, I cheated with you on Liam and my mom probably knows." "So your blaming me for kissing you, twice, you came onto me Ella, not the other way around." I knew he was right and now I just felt bad. "I'm sorry Lando but I want to see where this goes with Charles." I said creasing my eyebrows.

Lando sighed loudly. "Yeah I know and I can't blame you."  he said placing his hands on the back of the chair. "But just be careful, he has a reputation with woman and i dont want you to get hurt." he said giving me a sad smile. "I will I promise." I said folding my arms around me. "I will always care about you." he said walking closer to me. "I know you wil." I put my arms out for a hug and he squeezed me tightly. "You should get back to him, I'll catch you later." he said releasing me. I opened the door and Max still stood outside.

"You kissed him?" Max asked looking disgusted. I looked back at Lando and then back at Max. "I did and I'm sorry I know he's like you best friend, please don't be mad." I said in one breath. "And you like her?" I could see Max was confused and angry that we didn't tell him. "I do mate, I'm sorry we didn't tell you but there is nothing going on between us, she is into Charles." I felt sorry for Lando and that I didn't give him a chance because of Max but I wanted to see what me and Charles could be.

"It's okay, I knew something was up from the very first moment you two met." he casually said. I looked confused at Lando and he looked at me. Did he basically say that he is okay with it? "What, so you are okay with it?" Lando asked. "Well yeah, why wouldn't I be." Max said scrunching his face in confusion. "Oh okay then." I said and walked away.

I couldn't believe Max said he was okay with me and Lando being together. I knew that wouldn't happen because of Charles but still.

I walked back to the ferrari hospitality and searched for Charles. My mind couldn't go off what Max said. I knew it didn't matter now but the thought made my mind itch.

"Hey, you okay?" Charles asked placing his hand on my arm. Shivers shot down my spine and I instantly smiled. "Couldn't be better, Lando is okay now so we can head on back." I said and winked at him. "You hungry, wanna get something to eat first?" he asked as we gathered our stuff to leave the track for the day.

"I'm always hungry so yes please." I said dramatically. We both laughed but walked back to his car and drove off. "Where are we going?" I asked looking at my surroundings. "It's a surprise." he said with a smirk stuck on his face. I was definitely nervous since this was my first date since Liam,but it made me calm to think that it was with Charles. "I like how you doze off in your thought." Charles said as he stared at me and then back at the road. "I'm sorry, it happens a lot so you'll have to get used to it." I said holding my arm.

We arrived at a location and I still couldn't figure out what we were going to do. "Where are we?" I asked climbing out of the car. "This was my dad's favorite spot, we always came to bahrain on holidays." he said staring out on the ocean. "That's beautiful." I said hooking my arm into his and placing my head on his shoulder.

He walked back to his car and pulled out a blanket and food. "So you get girls by doing this?" I jokingly said. "Just you." he threw the blanket on the floor and we both took a seat. We talked more about our lives and I really think I like him.

The next day Max woke me up so that I can get ready for race day. I chose out my outfit and waited for Max. "How can I be done before you?" I said sitting on the bed. "It takes time to get my hair to look this good." he said turning around showing off his hair. "Okay Mr hairdresser, let's go." I laughed at him before egetting the car keys.

We arrived at the track and the fans were more excited than ever. I couldn't believe how many people actually love this sport. "Are you with us today or with Charles?" Max asked while we walked through the paddock. "With you of course." I said showing off my mclaren hat. "Where did you get that?" he asked laughing at me. "Lando gave it to me." I said smiling widely.

He went into the garage and I saw lando talking to Carlos. He spotted me and called me to come to him. "Carlos you remember Ella." lando said as he placed his hand on my back. "Well how can I forget the one girl yo-"  "Shut up Carlos!" Lando yelled out and punched him in the balls. I laughed so hard my stomach began to hurt "Okay guys cut it out, I'm gonna go get something to eat, good luck for today, and don't do something stupid out there." I said razing my eyebrows at Lando.

"Dont look at me like that." he said winking. Lando gave me a kiss on the cheek and I walked to go get food. "Oh hey Isa." I said as she sat in the cafeteria. "Hi Ella how are you?" she asked telling me to sit down. "I'm really good thanks,excited for today." "Yeah me too, I hope our boys can pull through today." I was confused that she said - my boys- but I didn't say anything about it. "So Kelly asked if you wanted to join us for lunch tomorrow before we leave." she said taking a bite from her food. "Yeah that sounds like fun." I said smiling. We talked more about Carlos and the stupid things he and lando do.

We walked back to the garage as the race was almost gonna start. "Where did you disappear off to?" Max asked sitting on his phone. "I went to get something to eat." I said, also taking a seat next to him. I pulled out my phone to text Charles before the race.

Charles <3

Hii, just saying good luck for the race, sorry
I couldn't come over xx

Thanks mi amor, I'll speak to you
Afterwards x

I felt the smile growing on my face when I read his message. Maybe being with him is what I needed.

@ellaClarkson1 First race live and hopefully not the last😌🚦

@riabishh next time I'm coming with you, no questions asked 😘

@kellypiquet this view is the best you'll ever get🥵

The cars formed on the grid. My nerves kicked in as I saw lando and Charles. I held my hands together tightly to calm down. The lights went out and they were racing in Bahrain.