FIFTEEN

Lando

After Sunday's race I got P3 and I'm so happy about it but Ella wasn't Their. She left me a note saying she is heading back to London and I was even more pissed off. Some of the boys and I went out to celebrate but I couldn't keep my mind off of Ella and Charles. He came with us and I couldn't stop staring at him. The rage I felt was too much.

"Mate what are you looking at?" Charles said and my mind came back to earth. "Can I talk to you." I stood up and walked outside. "What the fuck did I tell you." I said with fire eyes. "I don't have to listen to you." I was disgusted by his words.

But then something took over my body, I wasn't myself. I punched him in the face. He fell to the ground and I just walked back inside.

. . .

"I'm home." I yelled out placing my bags in the living room." Hello mate, congrats on the podium." max said.
" Had to bring something back you know." I said and walked into the kitchen. "Hi." I didn't notice she was there. "Hello, how was your day." I said keeping a straight face. "Can't complain."

"That's good." the awkwardness filled the room because I didn't want to fight right now. "I'm gonna run to the market, you want something?" she asked, besides being mad at her I still can't resist her. "No I'm fine thanks." I said and took some food out of the fridge. "Can we please talk it out." shivers shot through my body and I just want everything to fade away.

"I'm not in the mood to fight Ella." I said leaning on the kitchen island with my head in between my arms. "I said talk not fight."

"Do you really think I'll be able to control myself enough to just talk." I looked up at her and she looked sad. "Please lando, I know your upset about Charles and I but I can make my own decisions." "It's not about that, he is not right for you Ella, he's not the kind of guy you deserve." my heart started to jump against my chest.

"And how would you know, he treats me right, he's kind and gentle. He would never hurt me." I wanted to start laughing at her words. "You don't know him like I do." i ran my fingers through my hair.

"What are you hiding from me." she bluntly said looking angry. "What do you mean? " I asked looking confused. "Kelly said you know something about Charles and that you need to tell me, so did Max so tell me." at this point I knew exactly what she was referring to.

"You really don't want to know." I turned around wiping my face. "If it involves me then yes, I do." she walked closer to me. "Ella I-" " What's that on your hand?" she asked galling my hand to see my bruised knuckles. I pulled my hand away. "It's nothing." I lied, I don't want her to know that I punched her boyfriend.

"That doesn't look like nothing." she said looking me deep into my eyes. "I'm tired of this, I hate it when we fight Ella, please just let it go." I said with a sad look on my face. "I also don't like it but please lando, I need answers." It's gonna hurt you and I like it when you are happy."

"I'll get through it I promise." she said holding my hands together. "Okay fine, I'll tell you." I couldn't keep it a secret anymore. "What happened to your hand?" she asked again. "I punched Charles." I closed my eyes. "You did what? Why would you do that lando. I knew you were unhappy about us being together but that's too far."

"Let me finish okay." I sighed and lead her to the couch. "You remember when Charles was here and Ria and the boys." she nodded confused. "Niran overheard Charles on the phone with someone. He said Charles said something about you and a bet he made." the moment I said those words it was like the joy left her body.

I took a deep breath."I couldn't believe what I've heard. I was so angry and I did not want to believe it. So last Friday I confronted him about it and told him if he doesn't tell you I would." the tears started to fall from her eyes. "But instead of telling you, he asked you to be his girlfriend and the night after the race I punched him."

"So it's true." she said looking down at her hands. "I'm just a bet to him." I pulled her closer and held her tightly. "I'm really sorry Ella, I really wish it wasn't true." I said closing my eyes. "I pushed you away for someone that doesn't even really like me." she broke down. I held her in my arms until she calmed down.

Ella

My heart was shattered yet again. I really thought Charles was someone special. "Well so much for he would not hurt me." I said wiping my face."What can I do to make you feel better?" lando asked me holding onto my hand.

"Nothing now, I just want to watch some sob teen movie and eat ice cream." I fell down on the couch and closed my eyes. It was silent for a while and I quite enjoyed it. I wondered in my thoughts and for some reason I could not wrap my mind around it.

"Hey, here's your ice cream." I opened my eyes and lando was standing in front of me with 2 spoons and the whole bucket of ice cream. "Thank you." I said smiling and talking a spoon from him. "So what movie are we going to watch? " he asked and I instantly smiled at him. "Legally blonde?" I suggested.

"Uhgg I've watched that movie with my sisters like a thousand times." he said rolling his eyes. That was the first time he ever mentioned his family. "Well 1 more time wouldn't hurt." I took the ice cream from him. The movie started and I couldn't concentrate on it.

"You don't talk about your family much." I said without thinking. He looked at me with an eyebrow raised. "Well I'm a pretty private guy so I don't talk about them if I'm not asked." he said with a small smile.

"Well I'm asking, tell me about them." I sat up straight with my body facing him. "Well theirs my dad, Adam and my mom, Cisca. Their pretty cool and supported me in my career since I began with karting. And their is my brother Oliver and my two sisters Flo and Little Cisca."

"Wow that's a big family and two Cisca's, that's pretty cool." I imagined what it would be like to have siblings or even a big family. "Yeah their pretty great, I invited them all to my next race so next week their gonna stay at my house." he looked excited. "Auww I get to meet your family, how sweet." I said making a puppy face.

"Well duh, you live here?" I slapped him on the arm. "You know your level of sarcastic is sometimes very ignorant." I said folding my arms. "I just do it because it irritates you." he winked and we both laughed.

"But tell me about your family if your okay with that." he said making sure I am okay because of my father. "No its okay, there's my mom, Emily as you know. She's very stubborn sometimes but I still love her. Then of course Joe and Max since last year." we both laughed at it because of him just in the next room. I took a second to continue. I cleared my throat and took a deep breath.

" And my dad, he died 5 years ago." I looked down at the couch." Is it okay if I ask how he died?" he said tilting my head up with his hand. I could see he really cared and wanted to know everything about me." In a car accident, drunk driver crashed into him when he was on his way back home."

"Thats really tough, I'm so sorry Ella." he said rubbing my arm. "No it's okay, I see my therapist every month and it helps a lot and it gets better." I said calmly. "Well then I'm glad." he smiled at me. "That's the first time I ever said that to someone." I confessed and it felt good.

"Well then I feel very special." we went on to watch our movie and not long after max came down. "Is it safe, no ons is killing anyone?" he asked looking around the house. "For fucks sakes Max, yes no one is killing no one!" I said throwing my hands in the air and laughing.

"Oh good, thought I was gonna have to hide someone's body." he said and we all cracked up. "We're watching legally blonde, wanna join us?" lando asked and he sat on the other coach. "I also want ice cream." he said and took the bowl away from us.

"No thats mine!" I said looking playfully upset. "Well not anymore." he took a huge bite and we carried on with the movie.