TWENTY ONE

Ella

We arrived at Monaco the next morning and I was amazed of how many sports cars there was. We got checked into our hotel and I had to go train with George. "When will you be back?" Lando asked me as I sat on the edge of the bed to tie my shoes. "Well it's 9am now so probably around 1pm." I looked at him smiling.

"What are you gonna do when I'm gone?" I asked grabbing my bag. "You'll see when you get back." he winked and kissed me roughly. I pulled away and stared into his eyes. This guy really has a spell on me. "Okay I'll see you later." I said giving him one last kiss before leaving.

I met up with George at a park near his hotel. "How was your flight?" he asked as we stretched together. "Too long." I rolled my eyes. "Yeah same, Carmen is also here with me this weekend." he said smiling. "Oh that's fun, when do I get to meet her?" I said wiggling my eyebrows. "Soon enough, we'll go out to dinner sometime."

We went on a run and then hit the gym as I showed him some new stuff he must do. We got in a full 2 hour workout and then we stopped at a Cafe to get a drink.
"No coffee for you, water." I said as he looked at the menu. "Why not?" he said looking hurt. "It's not good if you just did a workout." I said laughing.

I looked at the time and it was already 12pm."I should head back." George said as we sat at a table. "Same time tomorrow?" I asked. "Yes of course." he said smiling.

"I just want you to go on a 10km run later today and send me your time." I said with a smirk on my face. He sighed and we both laughed.

Charles

Hello mi amor, when can I see you?

I want to talk to you about
something, what about now?

Perfect, meet me at my place?

Sure.

I completely forgot about Charles. I figured I break up with him now to make my life easier. I drove to his apartment and waited for him outside. "Come in." he said as he opened the door. "Wow this view is amazing." I said looking out the window. "Thanks mi amore." he said walking closer to me and placing his hands on my waist.

I took a step back and looked at the ground. I didn't know why this was stressing me out. I felt like I couldn't breath. All the thoughts of the bet came flooding back. "Are you okay?" he asked and I looked up at him. I couldn't breath and my heart started to beat faster.

He took me over to his couch and handed me water. "I think your having a panic attack." he said looking concerned. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. I thought of something that calmed me...Lando.

"Charles we need to talk." I said opening my eyes. "I know everything, I know about the bet, how you only asked me to be your girlfriend because of it." he didn't say anything and a guilty look fell on his face.

"Listen Ella I'm sor-" I cut him off looking angrier. "No Charles, sorry isn't gonna cut it, you hurt me badly. I pushed lando away because of you and I'm not gonna do it again." I stood up and walked to the balcony.

"I realized I was wrong and I stopped the bet. I really started to like you." I turned around facing him. "You don't have the right to tell me this, I like someone else and I'm happy with him."  I felt the tears forming. "It's over Charles, I'll see you when I see you." I said and walked out of the building.

I drove back to the hotel and the tears were falling down my face one by one. I parked the car and sat in silence. I fixed my puffy eyes with some makeup and got out.