Chapter 5

"Problem solved! You can go inside to see him now!" Jimin exclaimed.

"Wait really?" Taehyung stared at the small male in disbelief, "How did you do that? What did he say?"

"He has been abused by his own mother and he thinks no one would loves him. That's why he wants to die that desperately," Jimin said, "I told him to give you a chance and he agreed. Now go inside and apologise!" Jimin pushed Taehyung and halted when they're standing in front of the door.

"Thank you so much Min!" Taehyung hugged his best friend tightly, then twisted the doorknob and walked inside his room. His heart instantly melted when he saw his own mate was playing with his fingers while his big floppy ears almost covered his small face.

He chuckled a little when Jungkook still hasn't realised his presence as he was concentrating on his fingers. He stood beside Jungkook, "What are you doing, little mate?" He placed his large hands on Jungkook's head, startling the boy instantly.

"H-Hello..." Jungkook greeted the demon king with his soft cherry voice, staring at him with his wide doe eyes.

"How can you be so cute, hmm?" Taehyung pinched Jungkook's cheeks as he did a small mental note to himself to feed Jungkook more food to make him chubbier. His hands make way to Jungkook's ankle, unlocking the chain, "I'm so sorry for locking you up, angel. Sometimes I just can't control my temper." His heart clenched when he saw purple bruises on Jungkook's pale ankle.

"I-It's okay..." Jungkook replied softly, making Taehyung felt more guilty. "W-What's your n-name?"

"I'm Kim Taehyung, princess. What about you?" Taehyung picked Jungkook up as he sat down, placing his mate on his own lap. Jungkook's cheeks went red at the position right now, "I-I'm Jungkook..."

"Why do you keep stuttering, angel?" Taehyung asked, large hand almost covered the whole surface of Jungkook's small waist. He panicked when he saw tears in Jungkook's eyes, "Don't cry, angel! What's wrong?"

"I-I can't s-speak well since the d-day I was born...My mom t-traumatised m-me. Do you h-hate me by it?" Jungkook asked cautiously, sparkling tears slowly rolled down from his eyes.

"Of course not, angel. It's absolutely okay for you to stutter. You can do anything you want here." Taehyung comforted the boy, rubbing circles on Jungkook's waist.

"R-Really?" Jungkook leaned closer towards Taehyung when he earned a nod from the demon king. "T-Thank you..."

"Are you hungry? Want to eat anything?" Taehyung questioned the boy, stifled a small laugh when the boy begin to snuggle himself further to his chest.

"I c-can eat?" Jungkook tilted his head to sideways, mouth hang opened like a fish as he felt slightly shocked.

Taehyung's heart clenched again. Everyone eats in the world, what in the hell happened to his mate until he asked this kind of question?

"Let's go. We're going to eat right now." Taehyung stood up from the bed along with Jungkook in his embrace. Jungkook just wrapped his short arms around Taehyung's neck, a strange warm feeling spread out from his heart.

It feels so good to have someone to care for you...He thought.

--------------------------------------------------

"Woah..." Jungkook gasped out softly when he saw the whole long  dining table was placed with various of food. His eyes went wider when he saw the table was literally made of gold. His cute expression didn't went unnoticed by Taehyung. "D-Demons eat h-human food t-too?"

"Yeah, princess. Do you perhaps...thought demon eats humans all the time?" Taehyung teased, "I'll take a yes by the rosy red face of yours." Taehyung laughed softly when Jungkook tried to cover his face with his small palm.

"Whatcha wanna eat, angel? Spaghetti? Pancakes?" Taehyung questioned but Jungkook just stared at the demon king with confused gaze.

"W-What is spaghetti?" Jungkook asked, a cute frown decorated on his face.

Taehyung was stunned. He swore he would really kill Jungkook's mother right away when he got the chance.

"God, you're making my heart clenching like hell." Taehyung muttered, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Come here, angel," Jungkook slowly walked towards him and yelped when Taehyung pulled him to his lap.

"W-What-" his voice when muffled when Taehyung shoved a piece of pancake inside his mouth. Jungkook's eyes instantly sparkled when he tasted the sweet treats, "T-This is s-spaghetti?" He asked while still chewing on his food.

"No, princess. This is pancake." He sighed deeply as he stared at the happy face of the boy, "Jin hyung will definitely feed you with various of food if he found out your presence."

"Who i-is Jin hyung?" Jungkook continued chew on another piece of pancake as Taehyung shoved another piece to his mouth.

"Jin hyung is-" "Oh my god! Who is the boy on your lap, Taehyung?!" A loud squeal can be heard around the spacious dining place.

Jungkook turned his head over to find the source of sound, gasping a little when he saw another handsome guy not far from him.

"That's Jin hyung, little mate." Taehyung said.