Chapter 27

Jungkook sneaks into the kitchen, tip toeing as he looked around cautiously. He sighed softly when he saw no maid in the kitchen, "Ahh!" He yelped when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

He quickly turned around, letting out a small breath when he saw the head maid of the kitchen, Minyoung. "Minyoung noona, you scared me~" he whined, getting a chuckle from the said girl in return.

"I apologise, my queen. What are you doing here, your highness?" The maid asked.

"Today is hyungie's birthday!" Jungkook exclaimed cutely, putting his hands on the air.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot about it. I need to prepare the cake-" "I want to bake a cake for hyungie, noona..."

"But his majesty doesn't allow you to cook since last time you accidentally cut your finger." Minyoung stated.

"Please noona~ Baking a cake won't use knife! Please?" Jungkook fiddled his fingers, staring at the maid with his puppy eyes.

Minyoung sighed softly, "Fine. But I'll accompany you, my queen."

Jungkook jumped up and down excitedly, "Thank you, noona!"

--------------------------------------------------

Jungkook sit on a small stool, staring at the cake in the oven, eyes sparkling like its hold thousands of stars. Minyoung who's cleaning the dishes just smiled at the cute fascinated face of the boy. His ear perked up when he heard the 'ping' voice, a sign of the cake was ready to be taken out.

He quickly turn off the oven and opened it, smiling in delight as he was greeted by the good smell of the cake. Maybe he was too excited, he forgot to wear gloves before taking the cake. He just used his bare hands, screaming loudly when he touched the hot surface.

Hearing Jungkook's scream, Minyoung turned around quickly, eyes widening in fear as she saw the red, slightly swollen hands of the queen. "Are you okay?!" She grabbed Jungkook's wrist, washing his hands with the cold water, earning a hiss from the boy.

Minyoung turned off the tap water, wincing when she saw Jungkook's hands was terribly red and swollen. "Your highness, I told you to be careful, right?"

"I-I'm too excited..." He pouted, eyes getting teary. Minyoung sighed heavily, "His majesty won't be happy seeing this."

"Please don't tell him, noona!" Jungkook grabbed Minyoung's writs, wincing when the burn mark come contact with the girl's skin.

"I need to, your highness. And we need to get Doctor Kang-" "Please... I want to finish decorating the cake first... I promise I'll go to see Doctor Kang after I finished!" Jungkook pleaded.

Minyoung stood there, hesitating whether she should agree on Jungkook or not. At the end, Jungkook's puppy eyes won. "Fine, I'll prepare the whipped cream for you."

Jungkook smiled softly as he nodded his head. He grabbed the gloves, carefully wear as he doesn't want to touch his burned hands. He took the cake out of the oven, placing it on a table.

Seeing Minyoung is still busy making the cream, Jungkook decided to prepare the fruits for decorating the cake by himself. He washed the strawberries, mango and other fruits, cutting them into small pieces.

His clumsy self again make him cut his finger, but this time a just bite his lips to wait the pain to be over cause he knew Minyoung will definitely stop him from decorating the cake further if she knew Jungkook hurt himself again. He just washed the cut until it stopped bleeding, continue cutting the fruits soundlessly.

He let out a small breath when he finished cutting all the fruits. He smiled happily, "Noona-" He turned over, startled when Taehyung was literally standing in front of him.

He gulped nervously when he saw Taehyung's not quite happy face. He averted his gaze to the maid as Minyoung shoot him apologetic look.

Jungkook quickly put his hands behind his back, "H-Hyungie, what are you doing here?" He smiled sheepishly, trying to hide his hand away.

Taehyung who noticed it asked, "Why did you hide you hand?" His frown get deeper when Jungkook laughed awkwardly, stuttering uncontrollably.

"Give me your hand."

Jungkook shook his head, backing away, earning a loud growl from the demon king. He grabbed Jungkook's wrist forcefully, tighten his hold when he saw the burn marks on the boy's hand.

"You never learn, do you?" Taehyung clenched his jaw, "When I said don't go to the kitchen, means you can't even step into it. How hard is it for you to understand?!"

"I-"

"Every times you get hurt, I was the one who worried, the one who cared and what about you?! Can you try to worry about yourself for once?!"

"H-Hyungie-"

"Don't hyungie me, Jeon Jungkook. Tell me, why did you come here? Where did you get that burn mark from?"

Jungkook opened his mouth, wanting to say something but Taehyung cut him off, "I bet you just want to play around huh?" He mocked.

Jungkook's eyes filled with tears. His lips wobbled, "I just want to bake a cake for you since it's your birthday today..." He muttered, but it's audible for Taehyung, "And turns out you don't like it at all..."

Taehyung's heart broke when he heard Jungkook's broken voice. He now realised there's a cake on the table, and a big 'happy birthday hyungie' was on it.

"Baby-" Jungkook pushed the king away, tears still streamed down from his eyes.

"Don't follow me, Kim Taehyung." Jungkook spat out, breaking Taehyung's heart further. The boy walked away while the king just stared at his back.

Taehyung doesn't know how to make Jungkook happy again, but for sure he knew Jungkook was extremely upset this time.

As the boy never called Taehyung full name before.