Chapter 12

"Erm...Please give me your hand, your highness." Doctor Kang said. He felt so confused as Jungkook was crying, sobbing loudly but Taehyung didn't even care to comfort the queen.

Jungkook sniffled, reached his hand out. Doctor Kang gently grabbed his wrist, inspecting the bruises carefully. He applied some healing cream to the bruises, wrapping it with clean bandage.

"Done?" Taehyung asked monotonously, earning a nervous nod from Doctor Kang. "You can go now."

"Wait, can I have a word with you, your majesty?" Doctor Kang requested. Taehyung give him a nod in reply, walking out of the room without sparing a single glance at Jungkook.

Jungkook whimpered out when he heard Taehyung slammed the door shuts, more tears flowed down from his eyes. Doctor Kang eyed the bunny in pity, "I'll leave now, my queen. Rest well."

Jungkook hiccuped, forcing a smile out, "T-Thank you, Doctor."

Doctor Kang bowed at the queen, stepping outside the room as he closed the door gently.

"State your matter, Kang." Taehyung said, letting out an annoyed sigh.

"Did something happen to you and the queen? He's crying hard just now but you-" "It's not your place to ask this question, Kang." Taehyung growled, showing his sharp fangs out.

Doctor Kang shuddered in fear, but soon regained his posture back, "It's my obligation to know the patient's condition. The queen is my patient now, so I have the rights to know what happened."

Taehyung grunted, "You're so annoying," he rolled his eyes, "I need him to learn how to love himself, care for himself more. He always puts others before him, when he gets hurt, he also thought it's a small matter. How can someone have a thought like that?"

"But you need to know, your majesty," Doctor Kang inhaled deeply before he continued, "The queen was being terribly abused by his mother before. He's used to no one care for him, used to get hurt without people comforting him. It's normal for him to have that kind of thought. He just came here not more than 7 months! I know we all treat him like a treasure but he still need time to adapt this new surroundings, new people. I can say it's you who being wrong here, your majesty."

"What are you saying-" "You didn't even glance at the queen when he's crying so badly! What if he thinks you don't like him anymore, thinks that you're going to abandon him? He had insecure self, it's pretty easy for him to think you don't love him anymore." Doctor Kang stated, sighing softly when he saw Taehyung's body visibly freeze after his words.

Taehyung rubbed his face harshly, "Fuck, why I haven't thought about that before? I'm so damn selfish."

"It's never too late to apologise, your majesty. The queen is waiting for you in your room," A gentle smile appeared on Doctor Kang's face as he pointed at the door.

"Thank you, Doctor." Taehyung said, earned a small nod from the Doctor. "You're welcome, your majesty."

Taehyung walked inside their room, closed the door as he let out a small sigh, "Baby, I'm so sorry- Jungkook?" Taehyung's face paled when he saw the bed was empty as Jungkook was nowhere to be seen.

"Jungkook!" Taehyung called out the bunny's name, checking every corner of the room but still can't find the bunny's presence.

Panicked, he rushed out of his room, yelling every guards to search their queen. The guards quickly followed his demand, running away with rushed steps.

Taehyung ran back to his room, stepping inside the changing room as he need to change his pajamas to a more decent clothes to find Jungkook. He halted his panicked action when he saw a large pile of clothes, his clothes laying on the floor, creating a mini hill.

His eyebrows creased to a frown as he just picked up his clothes one by one. He gasped out when he saw Jungkook laying in the middle of the large pile of clothes, hugging one of Taehyung's coat close to his chest.

"What...Why? Why would he lay in the middle of my clothes?" Taehyung muttered, gazing the male who's now asleep, looking as peaceful as he could. Guilt ate him up when he saw stray tears on Jungkook's smooth face. The demon king sighed softly, wrapping his arms around Jungkook's legs to pick the boy up. Jungkook whined softly, about to cry at first but soon scooted himself closer to Taehyung's chest, smiling in delight.

He placed the petite male back to the bed, startling when Jungkook let out a loud whine when he let go of Jungkook. He quickly picked the male up again, frowning when Jungkook stopped whining. He was so confused with Jungkook's action.

"I guess I'll ask for Doctor Kang's help again..."

--------------------------------------------------

"He's creating his nest, your majesty."

"Nest? He's a bunny, not a bird, Kang." Taehyung rolled his eyes, hugging Jungkook closed to his chest.

"I'm talking about different nest, your majesty," Doctor Kang chuckled out, "When a hybrid gets insecure or very sad and lonely, he will take his mate's clothes, or his most trusted person's clothes and gathered them all and sleep inside it. They'll find calmness in the overwhelming scent of their mate. That's called a nest. But they don't like it when you remove them from their nest, unless you got the same scent with the nest."

"That explained why he's so clingy. So... Does that mean Jungkook now treated me as his mate?" Taehyung asked, a pleased feeling spreads around his body when Doctor Kang nodded his head.

"He's a half bunny hybrid so it's difficult for him to feel that you're his mate, but deep down he already accepted you. So treat him better, your majesty."

A wide smile plastered on Taehyung's face, "I will, Doctor."