05 - Elliot

In a span of a few days I had three restaurants of mine blown up in Italy. Shipments of my mine were being stopped and fucked with left right and center. Drug deals went haywire. Smaller Mafia families thought it would be a good idea to attack us since we were- let me rephrase that since I was already fucking floundering.

"Alessio left for Italy this morning to take care of the restaurants. I on the other hand took care of your shipments and that seems to be working for now hopefully it stays that way." Octavio tells me.

"And Elliot?" I ask, concerned. Elliot had been missing for close to a day now. For one Elliot couldn't defend himself and if he got into the wrong hands they would crack him open easily. Federico had taught him to use a gun but I doubt he learnt anything. All he did was spit out a bunch of facts about guns to Federico.

"No word." Octavio replied honestly.

I ket out a breath, running a hand through my hair. "Alright. I want to talk to everyone in an hour." I say and Octavio nods his head and exits the room.

Riggs enters just as Octavio leaves, carrying a box of files and a small stack of mail. Three of them were mails from Italy regarding the damage of my restaurants. Two of them were complaints from my hotels and there was more but one letter grabbed my attention immediately since it had the name Lorenzo written on it in bold letters. I set the other letters on the table and open the letter.

In the letter was a small note and a USB drive. Without reading the letter I grab the USB drive and insert it into the USB port of my laptop.

The first thing that popped into my head was that this video was going to be related to Elliot. Probably him getting tortured, a ransom video something but it was pictures. Pictures of Alessio, Gianna, my parents, Federico, Octavio and Elliot. The pictures varied from Octavio torturing people to Gianna walking around campus with her friends to Federico being absolutely butt-naked. I open the small note enclosed with the drive. The note says:

You have one chance to give me back what your family took from us. If you don't we will burn your empire to the ground with you and everyone you love along with it.
- The Allister's

I crumple the small paper in my hand and toss it into the trash. "Jobless people." I mumble under my breath.

There was a knock on my door before someone walks in. Dante steps in. "Kate's trying to kill herself." Dante spoke. "Should we let her?" He asks.

I shut my laptop. "I'll deal with it." I let him know and he leaves.

I head downstairs to Kate's room. Kate was tied up to a chair to stop herself from killing herself. "I'll do anything just kill me and my brother." She mumbles, looking away.

She was bleeding from the head rapidly. I notice the sploch of blood on the wall from where she had been hitting her head against.

"You're brother passed away last night. I though someone already informed you." I speak and she shakes her head.

"Put a bullet through my head." She utters. I take out my gun and point it at her head, ready to pull the trigger. "No, wait!" She shouts.

Seriously?

"In my my brother's apartment under his couch is a safe. I have dirt on the Allister's. I never had the guts to use it on them but I'm sure you do. The pascode is 2222." She closes her eyes. "Do it." She mumbles and I pull the trigger, ending her crappy life.

For once I actually didn't enjoy taking someone's life. Deep down I felt almost sorry for her. The things she probably had to go through and the obstacles she had to jump over just to get here and I ended her life with seconds.