20 - Echoes of the Past

Lorenzo Vincelli

Federico leaves my house, smirking like he fucking won and he did. I'll give that little shit that. I take a step and Athena holds my hand. "Don't waste your energy on that asshole, Enzo." She says softly, her eyes for once not looking at me with built up anger or hatred. With her hand in mine, she helps me to the sofa, helping me down. She hurries to the bathroom for the first aid kit.

I look out through the glass windows and see Federico and his brother arguing. Federico screams with a huge smile on his face as his brother chases after him. Their men were just waiting for orders as these two argued and fought. It was still a shock to me how these two children were in charge of running the biggest drug cartel in the world. Their father had some courage passing it down to some deranged brothers.

I lean my head back, running my hands through my hair. I heard the hurried clicking of heels and then Luciana stood, taking a seat beside me towards the edge of the sofa. She reaches for my shirt, unbuttoning my shirt, untucking it from my pants. Her cold fingers run on my abs as she looks over the wound and I catch myself smirking under my breath. I should probably be filled with rage right now but I just couldn't give a proper shit about anything. I was more relaxed than I've ever been under her touch.

After she cleans me up and stitches the wound I stand up and she yelps. "Slowly, you'll tear a stitch." She advises, looking over the wound. She buttons up my shirt. The front door bangs open and Octavio walks in.

"You promised me that she would be safe!" Octavio shouts, concerned over Luciana's safety. He kicks a piece of wood which likes to be broken from one of the many chairs Luciana and Federico's fight resulted in. "Is this what is safe for you?!"

Luciana takes a step away from me and I button up my shirt. "Octavio, listen, it wasn't his fault. None of us knew Federico was gonna turn on us like that."

Octavio looked at her unsatisfied with the answer. "Since when are the two of you friends? Don't fucking take his side. I'm trying to keep you safe, don't you get that?" Octavio says, raising his voice at Luciana who nods, wrapping her arms around Octavio, apologizing as she places a kiss on his cheek.

I grab my suit coat, approaching the two of them. Luciana looks at me as I look at Octavio. "Sorry.. Boss." He mumbles and I chuckle. "If everyone keeps turning on us, who can we even fucking trust at this point?" He asks.

I sigh. "No one. From now onwards it'll just be the three of us and Elliot who will be updated regarding the diamond and the Allistors until we can flush out any remaining moles." I state and Octavio nods. "I'll take Athena to one of my safehouses while Elliot pinpoints the exact location of the diamond. Meanwhile, I need you to take care of e-" My phone vibrates and I see Santiago's name and pick up the phone, taking it to my ear.

I hear heavy breaths. "Hi." Federico chuckles. "Santiago's being a bitch and not giving me my shit." He complains like a child. "I need you to tell this pea sized robot to hand it over or I'll kill everyone here and then take it." He threatens and I scoff under my breath.

"You're overstepping, Federico." I warn and he laughs mischievously. "Hand over the phone to santiago." I demand and he listens.

"What the fuck, bos-"

I interrupt Santiago. "Give him his drugs and send him away, Santiago. That's an order." I ordered, ending the call. I look back at Octavio. "There is no longer any fucking bit of control or stability within the ranks of my organization. I need every fucking man in line, Octavio." I tell him in frustration and just as anger hits me. "Terminate anyone who questions it otherwise." I order and walk away, taking the keys to my Rolls Royce phantom. Luciana says her goodbyes to her brother and catches up with me.