03 - New York

My brother walks into my room as I layed in bed, watch each second pass on my alarm clock. "It's finally happened." He muttered. "You've gone crazy." He whispers, cracking a joke at six in the morning.

I roll my eyes and shift in bed, pulling the covers over my head. I really wasn't up for an company at the moment, especially so early in the morning.

He rips the sheets over my body. "Alessio!" I shout. "Stop irritating me I'm trying to sleep." I tell him annoyed, pulling the sheets back over my body to stop my body into going under hypothermia.

"Oh, yeah?" He chuckled. "And how is that going for you?" He laughs at me. I ignore him and close my eyes. "Come on, it was a joke." He mutters, nudging my shoulder. After a few seconds he hums. "I got you coffee."

I open my eyes to see him holding my mug, hopefully filled with coffee. I get on my elbows running a hand through my hair. "What did you do now?" I ask in despair. He was being way to nice to me.

"I didn't do shit." He retorts in disbelief. "I can't believe you don't believe me." He complains and I shrug, taking my mug from his hand as I sit up in bed.

I take a sip of hot coffee as Alessio flops into my bed, getting comfortable. "Anyways, Gianna is going to be so happy you're coming to her graduation, you know. Absolutely cheery." He says and I ket out a laugh, finally understanding why he got me this coffee.

I get down from bed and the cold, fresh breeze brushes against my bare chest. Goosebumps begain to occur on my skin and I just try to brush it off.

"She put you up to this, didn't she?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

He responds quietly. "Maybe?"

I let out a sigh. I really was hoping to go but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I knew how much it meant to her that I was there but this time like I had to miss one of the greatest days of her life.

"I'll take your silence as a no." Alessio said, sounding dissapointed. "You're not going to be there." He mumbles. "Again."

I look at him and he looks away from me in disappointment. "You know I would go if I could, Alessio." I say and he shrugs. What the hell did that mean? Was he really thinking I was doing this on purpose? I would miss my sister's graduation on purpose. Never.

I hit the back of his head and he grunts "The fuck is your problem?" He raises his voice at me. He rubs the back of his head, complaining like a child. "Fuckface." He mutters under his breath which I heard quite clearly.

"What the hell was that shrug?" I ask. "You think I'm lieing?" I ask, honestly.

"Well, yeah." He lets out a forced laugh. "You've missed almost every single thing in her life ever since you took over for dad." He stated the truth and he wasn't wrong. "I've seen her cry so many times because you've said you couldn't make it." He stands up, finishing his coffee. "And no matter how annoying she is after a while it hurts." He mumbled.

"You're right." I tell him. "But you do know that I'm not doing this on purpose, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Just try." He nods. "No more coffee for you." He steals my coffee and leaves my room, drinking it.

I clean myself up and get ready for the day since I was already wide awake.

After, I head downstairs for breakfast. Octavio was sitting on the barstool, forcing down spoonful of oats down his throat. He never really liked oats but still ate it. Alessio sat beside him, waiting for his meal to be prepared by the chef.

"Did you sleep?" Octavio asks.

"No-"

Alessio cuts me off, answering the question that was not directed to him. "Like a baby. Although there was this fly in my room that was pretty annoying."