19 - Rodriguez

Athena Luciana Bianchi

My bedroom door swings open and Federico walks in. I look at him and see him pointing a gun at me. "Ric–" He starts firing the gun at me, cutting me off. I throw myself off my bed, protecting myself from the bullets. I crawl away and into my bathroom, locking myself in it. I move away from the bathroom door as he basically blows up the door with the bullets.

I grab the vase that sat on the bathroom that held the most beautiful flowers. I wait patiently as Federico kicks the door down and we make eye contact. I run at him, smashing the vase at his head. Using this time to escape I run out of the room and downstairs.

Federico didn't seem like himself. His eyes were dark and filled with anger. It looked like he was possessed by Satan or something truly evil or maybe he was just being his true self.

I reach the ground floor, running into the living room. I run towards the abstract painting and open it, revealing a safe. I put in the pass code and took out my gun and knife. I slide the knife in my sleeve and hold my gun out ready to shoot as I hear quiet almost inaudible footsteps in the kitchen.

I hear the creaking of wood ahead and shoot. The bullets go through the wall and I hear a few grunts. I continue shooting as I leave the living room. I scoff to myself and walk away as I hear his footsteps approach me. I walk backwards, holding the gun at the noise of footsteps. I enter the long hallway that led to the stairs to the upstairs.

I stop at the end of the hallway and see part of his figure. I start firing at it and the sound of bullets echo the house. Bullets bounced of the walls and fell to the ground.

I hear hurried footsteps and follow it, carefully. I reload my gun, throwing the old bullets to the ground. I slowly enter the kitchen, examining my surroundings when a large steak knife comes flying at my head.

I swiftly move and it hits the wall behind me. Now I knew exactly where he was. He stands up and starts firing and I duck, taking cover behind the counter.

His bullets peirce the cupboards above, sending prices of glass and wood everywhere. I fire back and seconds later my gun fails me and I run out of bullets. "Fuck!" I throw my gun away.

I stand up to try and figure out where the fuck he was. I see him standing directly opposite me with atleast 6 feet of a distance. He starts firing and a bullet peirces me. I grunt and haistly open the refrigerator door, shielding myself from my bullets.

I clasp my hand over my bicep where I had been shot to reduce my blood loss.  I run out of the room and he follows me, firing nonstop. He finally runs out of bullets so he throws another knife, at me. It grazes my ribs before penetrating the wall. Something trips me and I fall back and hit the hard ground as my gun go farther away from me. Federico swiftly gets out of the kitchen and he gets on top of me, punching me a couple of times.

I find a piece of glass beside me and take it and stab him in the arm before getting away from him. I stand up and run away. I hear his footsteps behind and he grabs me, pushing me into the wall.

I grunt and turn around. I curl my fingers into a fist and punch him, which doesn't affect him at all. He grabs my hand and twists it sending me to the ground.

I get my hand from his grip and kick him in the crotch. He falls to his knees and I wrap my arm around his neck, tightening my grip, choking him. He lifts his hand and place it on my back. He lifts me up and throws me down on the ground. Before he could get to me I get up and run into the living room. He follows closely behind.